Draft:Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva
Please do not add categories to the page until it enters mainspace.
Advice: Most draftspace pages go nowhere. If you want the page to get into mainspace, you as the creator of the page should plan to do the work to get the page into mainspace.
Note: Draftspace articles have looser tone rules. Please AfD draft articles only for missionality. Remove libelous statements as per basic BLP guidelines.
| How the sausage is made|
Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva is a Brazilian politician who served as president of Brazil from January 1, 2003 to December 31, 2010. He transformed Brazil from a debtor to a creditor, and rapidly grew Brazil's economy, but he is suspected of corruption, which was and is often attacked by his opponents. Lula has made Brazil the world's eighth-largest economy. He combined liberal economic policies with state-led welfare policies. His political opponents claim Lula ruined the economy, but that's a load of bull, as Brazil's economic indicators at the time show. However, his successor was incompetent and failed to solve Brazil's serious security problems.
He was convicted of receiving bribes in 2017. In 2019, he was released from prison pending appeal, and appealed his charges, a venture which ultimately paid off. Since then, he has emerged as the most prominent critic of the far-right government of Jair Bolsonaro, with speculation centering around a run for the presidency in 2022.
- Social democracy
- Hugo Chávez - Lula's friend and good-will rival. However, Chávez was an authoritarian wannabe dictator with an...interesting economic policy.
- Bernie Sanders - Sanders is very respectful of Lula.
- Schipani, Andres and Michael Stott. "Brazil’s Lula da Silva released from jail". FT
- Lula: Brazil ex-president's corruption convictions annulled
- Lula 2022? Brazil poised for sensational political comeback