| Some dare call it|
|What THEY don't want|
you to know!
Markus Alexej Persson (better known as Notch) (1979–) is a Swedish video game designer, best known as the creator of the sandbox game Minecraft. He's also a homophobic, transphobic conspiracy theorist who frequently parrots alt-right talking points on social media.
He has become a controversial figure on the Internet for making comments on Twitter, such as wanting a for “Heterosexual Pride” in July 2017. Later on in 2017, he made a tweet that said a popular alt-right canard, “It’s okay to be white.” Persson was also criticized for making comments that claims white privilege is “made up.”
Support of fascism
Persson has become involved in making racist posts on social media, such as the aforementioned "okay to be white" post on social media. "It's okay to be white" is a white nationalist dogwhistle.
Notch has made many transphobic comments on Twitter.
“”I'd rather be a fascist cunt than have a feminine dick, so gladly! wait no not the last pa
“”If you're against the concept of a #HeterosexualPrideDay, you're a complete fucking cunt and deserve to be shot
|—@Notch, June 29 2017.|
"Heterosexual Pride Day" is a Twitter hashtag associated with homophobia.
Belief in Q Anon
“”Q is legit. Don't trust the media.
Mr. Jeb, I don't feel so good...
In March 2019 Microsoft, who had bought Minecrafts parent company Mojang in 2014, removed almost every reference of Notch from the game, save for his recognition as the creator in the credits. Of course, since people always look into things first before making wild assumptions, people immediately assumed he had been deleted from the game outright, causing accusations against Microsoft and Mojang for supposedly removing the true creator over "minor political differences".
Things escalated further when Microsoft made a statement that Notch would not be invited to Minecraft's big 10th year anniversary celebration. At the time of writing, Notch has yet to make a public statement.
Much like his own creation, Notch is what one would refer to as a "blockhead". It's also important to note that being the creator of a great game doesn't make you a great person, as notch excellently demonstrates.
- QAnon: The batshit crazy conspiracy that Notch subscribes to.
- JonTron: Another example of why you shouldn't let political views overshadow your content.
- Twitter; Mar 19th 2019: I'd rather be a fascist cunt.... (archive snapshot)
- Gay Star News; Stefania Sarrubba, Tuesday March 12, 2019: Minecraft creator Notch under fire for transphobic tweets. (archive snapshot)
- Twitter; @notch, Saturday 2nd March 2019: Q is legit. Don't trust the media.. (archive snapshot)
- Game Revolution; Paul Tamburro, Sunday March 3rd 2019: Minecraft creator Notch says QAnon conspiracy theory is ‘legit. (archive snapshot)
- Venture Beat; Jeff Grubb, Thursday March 28, 2019: Microsoft rescued Minecraft from Notch. (archive snapshot)
- Eurogamer; Tom Phillips, Thursday March 28, 2019: Minecraft removes references to Notch. ([http://archive.is/FYfHm archive snapshot)