There is no RationalWiki without you. We are a small non-profit with no staff — we are hundreds of volunteers who document pseudoscience and crankery around the world every day. We will never allow ads because we must remain independent. We cannot rely on big donors with corresponding big agendas. We are not the largest website around, but we believe we play an important role in defending truth and objectivity.
If everyone seeing this today donates $5, we will meet our goal for 2018.
| Fighting pseudoscience isn't free.|
We are 100% user-supported! Help and donate $5, $20 or whatever you can today with !
Essay:Really dumb mistakes made by evil 'geniuses'
Things to avoid doing
- Dress your really powerful troops in bright white, clunky uniforms and send them out into a thickly forested area.
- Hiring droids with an accidental sense of humor.
- Putting the reactor in the same area as the hanger bay, and then leaving the door open.
- Making your high-tech, powerful vehicles have a high center of balance and then sending them out to fight in a rainforest.
- Having a son. This is always a bad idea. Make sure you are not his father, or you will save him at the last moment and get killed.
- Using weapons that have cool looking laser effects if the actual combat performance is poor. Because pleptomatics are more important then functionality, isn't it?
- Equipping your soldiers in full body armor that provide no protection, hinders movement and then not using chemical weapons.
- Show off your new super-secret superweapon.
- Make a list on a public wiki detailing all your things to do and not to do.
- Star Wars
- B-1 battle droid. Worst mistake evah.
- Star Wars again
- I am your father, Luke!
- Star Wars