Liberal Logic 101
| Someone is wrong on|
Liberal Logic 101 is a "comedic" religious right blog whose quality of humor reveals how low the bar has been set by the fringe right. The site's "jokes" are typically pictures of "liberals" (often stock images) and captions that use the straw man argument against "liberal" views. The site is more useful as a window into the weird logic of the American far-right than it is as a humor site. In other words, we're not laughing with you; we're laughing at you.
The ultimate twist of irony is that the blog insults the logic of "liberals" by posting memes with absolutely no sources. The memes are often made up and expect conservatives to believe them, which they often do.
The website isn't too organized, but generally hews to a hard-right point of view. The site is:
- Strongly pro-life. This is THE issue for them.
- Anti-gun control, to attract the gun nut crowd.
- Strongly opposed to gay marriage and homosexuality.
- Pro-supply-side economics.
- Anti-Obama with a side dish of a vehement hatred for Michelle Obama.
- Awash with instances of Godwin's law.
- Under the impression that liberalism is the same as communism.
- Supportive of creationism because evolution is (by their logic) a liberal lie and those who believe in it have "less intelligence" than creationists.
The war on straw
- People who want you to question everything are liberals who get upset if you wonder why you would question everything. It makes as much sense in context.
- Liberals want to force churches to perform gay marriage ceremonies.
- A running gag that there is a master liberal plan to destroy Christianity.
- Liberals believe trees have souls.
- Liberals control the education system, where they indoctrinate kids with "Marxism".
- Homosexuality is so terrible it's comparable to death from smoking.
- Liberals are cool with underage girls being raped and forced to have abortions by their attackers. In fact, liberals help them get away with it.
- Barack Obama is a Muslim. (Because it wouldn't be a political conspiracy theory site without that one, would it?)
- Liberals think a typical conservative family is a potential terrorist threat.
- Liberals don't mind Islamic terrorists but hate it when Christians mention God in public. Even liberal Christians, presumably.
- Blacks are racist… or something… it's unclear.
- Liberals are pro-violent video games. (Tell that to this guy.)
- Gay marriage is a plot to force everyone to "endorse" homosexuality.
- Liberals are opposed to women who want to adopt, be stay-at-home moms, or start a business. (Wait, what? Isn't it conservatives who oppose women working outside the home?)
- Liberals are opposed to people wearing a cross. They also promote profanity. (Like hell we do!)
- There's a point being made here, but we can't be entirely sure what it is.
- MLK was a conservative.
- They just make stuff up when they have nothing to work with.
- Well, that plan went well.
- Big Bird's a "freeloader".
- Liberals are overdramatic. (Obviously they have no sense of irony either.)
- Again, the point being made here is unclear. Are they comparing homosexuality to alcoholism? You figure it out.
A lot of the newer posts are actually copies of old ones. Compare:
It is quite noticeable if one goes through the older posts before going through newer ones. In truth though, the whole site is lazy since it's typically intellectually dishonest half-truths being made out to be the "politically incorrect truth", a style so beaten that it's a dead horse by now.
- Gish Gallop — What the site has become, with so many half-assed claims piling on top of each other.
- Not even wrong — Comes up every now and then.
- Persecution complex
- Free Republic
- They come just short of saying "sound science"
- Clearly gun registration will lead to totalitarianism
- HAHAHA gays are pedophiles, get it?
- DAMN LIBERALS HATE HOMESCHOOLING!
- Obama and Hitler are basically the same, apparently. Also, Hitler's a socialist, not a fascist.
- Damn commies
- http://liberallogic101.com/?p=1148 Broken link
- It would be funny if they weren't serious
- Very unclear.
- After comparing Obama to Hitler they have the balls to claim this?