There is no RationalWiki without you. We are a small non-profit with no staff – we are hundreds of volunteers who document pseudoscience and crankery around the world every day. We will never allow ads because we must remain independent. We cannot rely on big donors with corresponding big agendas. We are not the largest website around, but we believe we play an important role in defending truth and objectivity.
If everyone who saw this today donated $5, we would meet our goal for 2020.
| Fighting pseudoscience isn't free.|
We are 100% user-supported! Help and donate $5, $20 or whatever you can today with !
RationalWiki:Article of the Weak/Top Ten Scientific Facts Proving Charles Darwin's Theory of Evolution is Wrong, False and Impossible
<article | title=TopTenScientificFacts | closed=no | sliders=pseudoscience | check=pseudoscience >
Kent R. Rieske, B.Sc., has provided us with his thirteen "Top Ten Facts" on why evolution is a "just a theory" and not a law. Most of Rieske's work on Bible Life Ministries consists of trying to convince people that a low-carbohydrate, high-meat diet is good for them, although for some reason he also advocates taking more than 50 vitamin supplements a week. This brightly colored exposé into all the lies about evolution has more irrelevant pictures than one of Ken DeMyer's, but unfortunately no Hitler (although it would not be a creationist piece without him at least getting a mention, see fact 13).
General references on evolution
- Wikipedia on the theory of evolution
- The Talk.Origins archive
- UC Berkeley's great introduction to evolution
- And of course, RationalWiki's own evolution and common descent articles.
Top Ten arguments for evolution
Some other top ten list that give evidence for evolution
- Top 10 Useless Limbs (and Other Vestigial Organs)
- Top 10 signs of evolution in modern man
- Top Ten myths about evolution (plus one)
- Darwin's dangerous idea: Top 10 evolution articles - New Scientist
Also for more specific points raised in the article
- Theory vs Hypothesis vs Law
- Lenski's excellent piece on evolution and religion
- Intelligent design and academic freedom
- Creationist fallacy regarding the fossil record
- CUR explains the bottleneck that led to low genetic variability in cheetahs