| Parroting squawkbox|
|And a dirty dozen more|
“”Women are having so much sex they can't afford their birth control.
|—Rush's understanding of health 101|
“”I've got the solution to most crime in America. From this day forward, somebody propose it, liberals should not be allowed to buy guns. It's just that simple. Liberals should have their speech controlled and not be allowed to buy guns.
|—Rush thinks he has the solution to the US' problems.|
Rush Hudson Limbaugh III is the comedian, liar, and bigot who has hosted The Rush Limbaugh Show since 1984. Hatched from a slimy pit in Cape Girardeau, Missouri, Rush hit the big time after the Reagan administration revoked the Fairness Doctrine, and has been credited with reviving AM radio in the United States. He is widely viewed as the catalyst for the Republican Party's congressional victories in 1994. When high-ranking Republicans disagree with him in public, they are required to kiss his ring and apologize.
Rush fans are known colloquially as "dittoheads". His most loyal listeners wear that label like a badge of honor. They listen to TRLS because he parrots their opinions back to them and makes them feel like they aren't crazy to have political leanings from the 19th century. One of the most amazing things is that a cretin like Rush has found so much acceptance from the evangelical Christians. He gives them a platform and reinforces their religious angst.
In March 2012, while taking aim at the politicized birth control issue, Limbaugh seemed to have largely overstepped common decency, but somehow remains on the air and is making as much money as ever.
In January 2020, Rush Limbaugh has a confirmed diagnosis with advanced lung cancer and is undergoing treatment in February.
In honor of his major role in creating the exact sort of divisive, caustic political environment that would be necessary to get someone like Donald Trump elected president, Trump awarded Limbaugh the Presidential Medal of Freedom on February 4, 2020. 
- 1 Views
- 2 Status as a conservative
- 3 The Sandra Fluke catastrophic meltdown
- 4 Other notable controversies
- 5 Nobel Prize nomination
- 6 On wit da Show
- 7 Dittohead
- 8 Bibliography
- 9 Rushagrams
- 10 See also
- 11 External links
- 12 Notes
- 13 References
Promotion of pseudoscience
|—On the dangers of Martian leftism|
A caller inquires, "Your belief in God, how does that tell you that global warming is a hoax?" Rush explains how it ought to be, "I just intellectually cannot accept the fact that a loving God which has created all this beauty and has blessed this country — I cannot believe that a God like that — would punish the human being he created for progress, for improving the quality of his life [bla bla babble bla babble bla bla]".
God might punish some obscure African tribe with a miserable malaria infection, but only if they don't get it together, have their family learn a new language and sell enough 10-cent wooden spoons to relocate to God's country. Asking us to give up a four-hour commute going 5 MPH in traffic, breathing automobile exhaust and plasticizers, with the AC fighting the solar oven effect — what kind of a cruel God would ask us to give up this prosperous lifestyle?
Limbaugh does not speak regularly about his belief in evolution or creationism, although he has occasionally blown off fossil findings and denounced evolution as more or less bullshit. He has definitively proclaimed his belief in creationism at one time or another. In Limbaugh's opinion, evolution cannot possibly be true because gorillas and other animals in zoos do not become human.
“”... the radicals are gonna try to get hold of these ticks and mass produce them, mass grow 'em and spread 'em all over the country in order to get people to stop eating beef... If you're a vegetarian and you don't realize there's a political agenda attached to what you're doing, you're being duped.
Limbaugh has fear-mongered about the flu vaccine. His opposition to the vaccination, though, seemed to be mostly based on the fact that the government recommended the vaccine, and he didn't want to take it, dammit!
A phony soldier, according to Limbaugh (who was not accepted for military service because of a big cyst on his ass), is any soldier who has served in Iraq and has since spoken out against the Iraq War. This definition was expanded by other chickenhawks to include decorated Vietnam War veterans such as Jack Murtha and John Kerry who were also critical of that war.
- Limbaugh doesn't think very highly of atheists, of course.
- Limbaugh accused Michael J. Fox of faking symptoms of Parkinson's disease.
- Limbaugh suggested environmentalists were responsible for the BP oil spill.
- Limbaugh thinks political correctness and ACORN caused the banking crisis.
- Limbaugh made an incredibly racist imitation of the Chinese president which consisted of him saying "Chin chau gon don gong kao song" for almost five minutes. He was forced to apologize by the Asian community.
- According to Limbaugh, if one receives taxpayer-paid birth control, their acts should be posted online for everyone (presumably him) to see.
- Limbaugh opined on air that anyone on birth control is a slut — even the ones who, you know, may be taking those hormones to control any number of medical conditions, such as acne or aggravated menstrual pain, rather than just to have wild sex parties. A move that totally didn't cost him any of his advertising revenue... Oh wait.
- Defended the brutal Christian terrorist group, the Lord's Resistance Army, when Obama announced he was sending military advisors to help fight them.
- Decided that a hidden lesson of the Boston Marathon bombing was that white people are horribly oppressed while dark-skinned people are not, mainly because a white suspect would've been more readily identified and his background information revealed.
Hypocrisy on "family values"
“”If there is consent on both or all three or all four, however many are involved in the sex act, it's perfectly fine. Whatever it is. But if the left ever senses and smells that there's no consent in part of the equation then here come the rape police. But consent is the magic key to the left.
|—Limbaugh complains that the "left" sends the "rape police" whenever rape happens.|
- Limbaugh spent years railing against drug abusers, calling for harsh penalties for them.  When it came out in 2003 that he was an OxyContin addict, he considered it somehow different when it was him abusing drugs rather than other people, to the point of acting flippantly dismissive when caught with a Viagra bottle that was not prescribed to him 3 years later. 
- Limbaugh has been married four times. His third marriage ceremony, in 1994, was officiated by kiss-arse Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas and held at Thomas's house. His fourth marriage involved a performance by his token gay friend Elton John, at the cost of 1 million dollars.  (Ironically, given Rush Limbaugh's history of using AIDS to make racist and homophobic "jokes", all earnings from Elton John's private concerts go to his charity, the Elton John AIDS Foundation.) He has yet to spawn.[note 1]
- Limbaugh is also a (recovering) drug addict and narrowly avoided going to prison.  So, naturally, he is one of the right wing's most strident voices on the importance of family values.
Status as a conservative
He claims to be the "prestigious Attila the Hun chair" of the "Limbaugh Institute of Advanced Conservative Studies". Or perhaps he is sitting in it. In 1995 Limbaugh touted the Zogby Poll as the most accurate because Zogby did not show President Clinton's approval ratings as high as other mainstream news organizations did. Limbaugh became responsible for the little-known pollster's growing success, so much so that by 2016 Zogby was among a handful of Democratic superdelegates backing insurgent Bernie Sanders. Heckofajob, Rush!
Rush, political boss
“”So I shamelessly say, no, I want him to fail, if his agenda is a far-left collectivism, some people say socialism, as a conservative heartfelt, deeply, why would I want socialism to succeed?
|—Rush Limbaugh on President Obama, 2009.|
By the spring of 2009, Limbaugh began to be seen as the de facto leader of the Republican party. Following a controversial on-air statement to his own party about "wanting Obama to fail", Limbaugh demanded the
balls apologies of two prominent Republicans, Eric Cantor and Michael Steele, for saying Limbaugh's comments were unacceptable. Both promptly apologized. White House spokesman Robert Gibbs challenged Republicans to come out and say "Limbaugh is wrong, we do not want this country or the President to fail". To date, no Republican has yet publicly said Limbaugh is wrong, implying who really is in charge of the GOP.
The Sandra Fluke catastrophic meltdown
“”Everything is fine on the business side. Everything is cool. Not a single thing to worry about.
|—Rush, March 9, 2012, after over 50 sponsors had left the show|
After literally decades of misogynist tirades, chants of "liberal feminazi", and attempts to degrade any woman in power (not to mention equally ugly treatment of gays, liberals, thinkers, scientists he disagrees with, etc.), on February 29, 2012 Rush finally crossed the line with language so offensive even his own party questioned his stance. In late February, congressional Republicans and the Republican candidates for president began to call out the President on his mandatory inclusion of birth control in insurance plans offered by any employer. "It violates our religious freedom!" they claimed. In a House hearing on the whole thing, 5 men were invited to testify about why it's important to protect religious freedom and how providing birth control via insurance violates their freedoms. Sandra Fluke, a 30-year-old law student and otherwise private citizen, intended to testify before Congress about this contraception requirement, and the Blunt Amendment, which would allow employers the ability to deny women contraception, or any other medical care, from their insurance plans based on their religious beliefs. She was denied her right to testify in front of the committee by the Republican Chair as being "unqualified". An uproar hit the political world, media and social networks. And for what it's worth, the testimony she was to give, which was later broadcast on national TV, though never to the Committees, was about a friend who needed birth control to treat cysts in the ovaries, a part of polycystic ovarian syndrome (and birth control is also used to treat the other aspects of PCOS including irregular periods, unwanted body hair, and acne) — a medication that the religious institution they attended would not pay for, due to "religious beliefs".
“”What does it say about the college co-ed Sandra Fluke, who goes before a congressional committee and essentially says that she must be paid to have sex, what does that make her? It makes her a slut, right? It makes her a prostitute. She wants to be paid to have sex. She's having so much sex she can't afford the contraception. She wants you and me and the taxpayers to pay her to have sex. What does that make us? We're the pimps.
|—Limbaugh's brain melts live on air.|
That's when Rush stepped into the
fray total shit storm. Rush Limbaugh called Sandra Fluke a "slut" and a "prostitute". That alone would not likely have been a problem, but he carried on with similar language for three days, each day escalating the ugliness of the attack. Limbaugh even suggested that if women such as Fluke expected the government (i.e., the American taxpayers) to pay for their birth control, then "we" (the American taxpayers) should be able to watch video of their sexual activities. All this against a young woman who didn't even mention sex, outside of a basic acknowledgment of what birth control is for, who was merely trying to explain her point of view which involved someone else's situation rather than hers. In addition, Limbaugh seems to have forgotten that—since there is no public option—health insurance is necessarily private insurance, not paid for by taxpayers in the first place. So his own attack didn't even make sense on its own terms.
Note that it also appears Limbaugh has little room to attack anyone's sexual private life, since he was caught carrying Viagra back from a trip to the Dominican Republic, despite being unmarried at the time. He described the trip to his audience saying, "I had a great time in the Dominican Republic. Wish I could tell you about it." The Dominican Republic is known as a vacation spot for "sex tourists".
As if his insults against Fluke and women in general weren't enough, later in the same week, referring to a woman with a Bachelor's degree, he actually asked: "What is it with all these young, single, white women? Overeducated doesn't mean intelligent", which makes one wonder what the word "overeducated" could possibly mean.
“”What do we have to do to make the women realize we don't hate 'em? Change our attitude on abortion? Where does this stuff stop?
|—Limbaugh in 2013.|
In the aftermath of the Fluke affair, Limbaugh's show lost over fifty advertisers, was dropped from two radio stations, and taken off the purchase list of one advertising agency. Also, the rock trio Rush issued a cease-and-desist preventing their music being played as the background during broadcasts. This led to a hilarious situation where there was five minutes of dead air on Limbaugh's show, as the time normally reserved for advertisements was either empty, or filled with Public Service Announcements. On March 9th, even the Public Service Announcements which were running for free pulled out.
On March 10th, 98 companies (including major companies like Toyota, Ford, Allstate) informed Rush's network that they would no longer advertise on Rush's show... or any other offensive or controversial radio show, such as Sean Hannity or Michael Savage. News site ThinkProgress managed to capture a memo from Premiere Networks before the original page was deleted, listing 141 advertisers that asked not to sponsor these programs, including some rather big ones that normally benefit from such conservative associations, such as American Express, McDonald's, Wal-Mart, Wells Fargo, and the United States Army.
Even the President of the US stepped into the discussion, calling Sandra Fluke personally, to say her parents "would be proud of her" despite Rush's ugly claim otherwise. He later said "...I thought about Malia and Sasha, and one of the things I want them to do as they get older is to engage in issues they care about; even ones I may not agree with them on. ... And I don't want them attacked or called horrible names because they're being good citizens.".
“”"I sincerely apologize to Ms. Fluke for using those two words to describe her.
Limbaugh issued what he called an "apology", while claiming that the discussion was about "personal sexual recreational activities" (which, if he gave two shits about the problem, PCOS isn't about) and feeling sorry for stooping down to the level and tactics of liberals. Apparently a three-day, nonstop attack against one woman in particular, and in general women all around the world who use birth control in contexts that no one would think are "slutty", is wrong simply because he should have used different words. Classy, Rush.
Limbaugh, head firmly planted where the sun doesn't shine, has said that he is not losing any money or sleep over it, and is in fact amused that the feminazis[note 2] are showing they have no power, because they can't make him leave the air. Rumor has it he also stomped his foot, stuck his fingers in his ears, stuck out his tongue, and said "LALALALALA CAN'T HEAR YOU!". However, that hasn't stopped his producers from scrubbing Limbaugh's website of the controversial comments. On the 8 March 2012 broadcast, only two intentionally paid advertisers ran ads during his show—no word on how well he's sleeping yet.
On March 12, 2012 Limbaugh took a much-needed day off and his program was filled-in by Mark Steyn. At the same time, Premiere Networks released an order asking affiliates to "[p]lease replace/re-traffic any Premiere barter spots immediately. Contractual requirements to run barter spots are being suspended for these two weeks only. Replace them with Lifelock and Lear Financial[note 3] or a local spot of your choice."
Back to the megaphone
Limbaugh returned to his show on 14 March 2012 to assert that he's not anti-woman, just anti-feminism. To further prove he loves women, he continued to label the National Organization of Women as "NAGs", made references to his three marriages and asserted that being a judge for the Miss America beauty pageant should be sufficient evidence, despite his previous statements.
One of the saddest things we can take away is knowing that this won't end ugly attacks based on ignorance of the female reproductive system. After this entire incident, there had been another unrelated incident where Republican talking head, Jason Lewis spouted similar vile remarks.
Other notable controversies
“”I mean, I don't know if it's just me, but it looks just like anything you'd see Madonna or Britney Spears do onstage—heh, yeah, get an NEA grant for something like this!
|—On the Abu Ghraib prisoner abuse scandal|
- For some reason, ESPN concluded Limbaugh was the voice of the average NFL fan and hired him to do "color commentary" during the 2003 season (perhaps they confused it with John Madden, a reasonable mistake except that Madden already worked for Disney). This seemed to go well and good, until Limbaugh said Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb was overrated, and claimed that he was lionized because of his race rather than his talent (a reverse Isiah Thomas/Larry Bird incident). This cost Limbaugh his job, cementing his reputation, as he does constantly, as a "big, fat idiot."
- Limbaugh once told an African-American caller to get the "bone out of her nose" and speak more clearly.
- Frequently played the racist song "Barack The Magic Negro", and referred to Barack Obama as "Halfrican American".
- In 1993, Limbaugh implied thirteen-year-old Chelsea Clinton was a dog.
- Limbaugh compared Barack Obama's style of governing to that of Adolf Hitler. (He was envious.)
- On July 2, 2010 he claimed that Obama created the Great Recession (which began shortly before Obama was elected) as a payback for racism.
- Limbaugh promised to leave the country if the Obama-driven health care bill[note 4] passed: "I'll just tell you this, if this passes and it's five years from now and all that stuff gets implemented — I am leaving the country. I'll go to Costa Rica for healthcare." Interestingly, Costa Rica has universal, nationalized health care. In addition, he decided to up the level of crazy when he Godwinned on the subject in March 2013; his belief is that the Affordable Care Act wasn't so much about expanding coverage to the under-insured or uninsured as it was an effort by Obama to go all Hitler on us since "healthcare has always been, nationalized healthcare has always been one of the first objectives of any of the famous totalitarian regimes. Hitler, national socialism, first thing he did, nationwide healthcare". However, public health care laws existed in Germany since 1883 and one of the few changes introduced by the Nazi regime barred voluntary insurees from joining health care funds, thereby giving rise to private health insurance companies in Germany. Likewise, according to Limbaugh, "the socialists in the UK" also were for nationalized healthcare though he conveniently leaves out the fact that (A) Labour was part of the coalition government that directed British war efforts against Hitler, (B) won a large Parliamentary majority in a democratic election in 1945, against no less than the party of beloved war leader Winston Churchill, in which part of their program included a national health service and (C) just as easily ceded back political power after they lost their majority in 1951.. So much for
bullshithyperbole. He also seems profoundly ignorant of the fact that the National Health Service still exists to this day regardless of which political party is in power.
- He seems to be under the impression (aided by questionable, unidentified studies, of course) that all lesbians are obese substance abusers. oh, the irony...
- Limbaugh blames Robin Williams' "leftist" view on the world as a cause of death.
- Limbaugh defended Donald Trump against accusations of sexual assault by asserting that the "leftists" attacking Trump are immoral because they primarily concern themselves with whether or not a sexual act is... consensual or not. And if these "leftists" ever discover a lack of consent "then here come the rape police".
- Disappointed that people like Alex Jones are stealing some of his thunder, Limbaugh has embraced some of the batshit insanity of the conspiracy crowd, calling both the Christchurch terrorist attacks and the terrorism at the Charlottesville Unite the Right rally "false flag" operations. For the later, he defended Donald Trump's notoriously meak response to the terrorism with a healthy dose of whataboutism , even evoking the atypical right wing boogeyman of "Antifa" and "George Soros". 
- Also disappointed that the QAnon movement has stolen some of his thunder, Rush Limbaugh has fully embraced deep-state conspiracy ideas, using the concept to dismiss both the Trump-Russia connection and the Trump-Ukraine scandal (and somehow blame Barack Obama at the same time). . He also, just before Hurricane Irma struck Florida in September 2017, ranted flippantly about hurricane media coverage, referencing the "Deep State" regarding those pesky meteorologists "who believe that man-made climate change is real" and speculated that the media was "all talking about this hurricane, Hurricane Irma, it's no doubt due to climate change."  (Rush Limbaugh later had to evacuate his Palm Beach, Florida home due to Hurricane Irma.) 
Nobel Prize nomination
Yes, he was nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize in 2007.
However, unlike regular prize contests — like the Academy Awards — where the list of all eligible persons is reduced to a handful of final nominees, any person, institution and/or association may be nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize and nomination itself isn't seen as a particular special status. (And they don't have to be all that peaceful, either, considering the prize exists only because of a man who helped make modern warfare possible. For example, Adolf Hitler was nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize in 1939, and Joseph Stalin for beating Hitler in 1945. Consider the people the Nobel Prize committee allows to submit nominations:
- Members of national assemblies and governments of states;
- Members of international courts;
- University rectors; professors of social sciences, history, philosophy, law, and theology; directors of peace research institutes and foreign policy institutes;
- Persons who have been awarded the Nobel Peace Prize;
- Board members of organizations who have been awarded the Nobel Peace Prize;
- Active and former members of the Norwegian Nobel Committee (proposals by members of the Committee to be submitted no later than at the first meeting of the Committee after February 1); and
- Former advisers appointed by the Norwegian Nobel Institute.
In other words, any well-connected person with any political agenda may nominate any other person for the Nobel Peace Prize, regardless of whether that other person deserves it. Once the nomination is accepted — and rejections are rare — that person then officially becomes a "Nobel Peace Prize nominee".
On wit da Show
Limbaugh has nicknamed all of his call screeners "Snerdley". Among the first names given them:
- Chin Yang
Bo Snerdley is the nickname given to James Golden, the most recognized "Snerdley". Limbaugh's defenders often single out Golden, an African-American, as evidence that Limbaugh is not a racist. After all, their simplistic logic goes, would a racist work so closely with an African-American?
A caller once asked Limbaugh to explain the origin of "Snerdley." Limbaugh explained that when he was a disc jockey in his hometown, he developed mental blocks while talking on the air. "Snerdley" was a fictitious person inside Limbaugh's head which he talked to (while still on the air) until the block cleared. Hmmm. Oxycontin or hydrocodone, anyone?
Annual Thanksgiving story
Of course, you can't be a major right-wing mouthpiece if you don't re-write history to show that laissez-faire free market practices always succeed, while collectivism always fails. Such is the case with Limbaugh's annual telling of (his version of) the first American Thanksgiving. Limbaugh was so pleased with this story that he dedicated an entire chapter to it in his second book, See I Told You So.
A dittohead is a term that originally referred to an avid follower of Limbaugh, but over time has become synonymous with any person who blindly follows and agrees with conservative pundits, including such media as, but not limited to, Fox News and conservative talk radio.
On his talk show, Limbaugh encouraged the guests, callers, and listeners who agreed with him to just say "Ditto"[note 5] instead of explaining why they might agree with him, presumably to reserve air time for additional opinion giving or friendly discourse with those that might disagree with him. Callers to his show began to willingly label themselves as "dittoheads", apparently blind to any sort of negative connotations such a word might have.
Ignoring the possibility that people might look at a "dittohead" and think of other words that might sound similar, like "shithead", the word itself has grown to mean anyone who gets their information from non-expert sources or those who believe the agenda-less have an agenda in political discourse, be it climate change, gun control, or health care. Much like creationists, the average dittohead will be unable to be reasoned with or engage in rational thought.
Limbaugh has published two books (crayons sold separately):
- The Way Things Ought to Be (1992); Pocket Books ISBN 067175145X (John Fund, collaborator)
- See, I Told You So (1993); Pocket Books ISBN 067187120X (Joseph Farah, collaborator)
- Creamy Color Crayons (no blacks included) ISBN 1400628644 (Sean Hannity, collaborator)
There is an attempt at a humorous section in book two: a "politically correct" dictionary, which lists unicorns as an endangered species, as well as the Abominable Snowman. Both books are an ego trip for Limbaugh, in which he proclaims himself to be the most intelligent individual in the world.
- I hurl gab mush
- Largish bum, uh?
- Abiotic oil
- Conservative talk radio
- Fractal wrongness
- Roger Ailes: Rushbo's influence peaked post-911. That's when Fox really became the brand of the party. Prior to the rise of Donald Trump and Steve Bannon, Ailes was probably the most influential Republican.
- Rush Limbaugh's radio show homepage
- Source of criticism for some of Limbaugh's claims
- Media Matters entry for Rush Limbaugh
- Limbaugh's admission of pain killer addiction
- Press release from Landmark Foundation announcing Limbaugh's nomination for Nobel Prize
- Rush Limbaugh Detained With Viagra, June 27, 2006, CBS News (Limbaugh's incident at airport)
- Links to pain killer lawsuit Limbaugh v. Florida
- Fortunately — cursed by the baby Jeebus?
- Ok, he didn't say that word, in this particular interview
- Who, apparently, are still sponsoring the show.
- Note, Obama had yet to "write" a health care bill. All proposals were being originated in the Congress.
- Like in the movie Ghost.
- Ban Guns and Free Speech for Libs. Rush Limbaugh Show.
- Allen, Mike, "Steele to Rush: I'm sorry", Politico (03/02/09 05:58 PM EST).
- The World's Highest-Paid Celebrities (December 9, 2017). Forbes. Retrieved July 17, 2018.
- WQAD Digital Team. (February 3, 2020). "Rush Limbaugh says he has been diagnosed with advanced lung cancer". WQAD. Retrieved February 3, 2020.
- "Trump to award Presidential Medal of Freedom to Rush Limbaugh" by Gabby Orr, Daniel Lippmann, and Meridith McGraw, Politico, 2020 February 4
- After NASA Announces It Found Water On Mars, Rush Limbaugh Says It's Part Of A Climate Change Conspiracy September 28, 2015 2:35 PM EDT. Media Matters.
- Monkey Fossil Hailed as Missing Link, Limbaugh's website
- Rush Limbaugh: Evolution = Liberalism, Sensuous Curmudgeon
- Rush Limbaugh: Evolution is False Because That Cincinnati Zoo Gorilla Never Turned Into a Human
- "Rush Limbaugh Insanely Claims Liberals Want To Use Ticks To Force People To Be Vegetarians ", Politicus USA (8//8/14 at 3:15 pm).
- Beck, Limbaugh fomenting fear about H1N1 vaccine
- Limbaugh on atheists
- Limbaugh on the offensive against ad with Michael J. Fox
- Has he gone too far?
- Scapegoating Minorities for Failures of Banking, January 1, 2009, FAIR
- Limbaugh on Georgetown University law student Sandra "Sally" Fluke
- Daily Kos — I've spent the past 2 days trying to convince my 16 y/o she is not a "slut"
- The Ghost of Sandra Fluke Is Haunting Rush Limbaugh's Mega-Deal, May 6, 2013, The Atlantic
- The Boston Bombings and White Privilege, Dispatches from the Culture Wars
- Limbaugh: The Left Sends Out "The Rape Police" Whenever There's Sex With "No Consent" (Also Known As Rape). Media Matters.
- "Limbaugh on Drugs", Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting, November/December 2003 (archived on 2012 Mar 8)
- "Limbaugh admits addiction to pain medication", 2003 October 10, CNN.com
- "Rush Limbaugh Detained With Viagra", 2006 Jun 27, CBS / AP
- "Rush Limbaugh announces end of his third marriage", Today.com / Associated Press, 2004 June 11
- "Elton John Sings at Rush Limbaugh's 4th Wedding", Stephen M. Silverman, People.com, 2010-June-06
- "Limbaugh: AIDS "hasn't made that jump to the heterosexual community"", Andrew Seifter, Media Matters, 2004 June 15
- "World's most expensive wedding performers? Take a guess", Reuters, 2009 September 4
- "In Legal Deal, Limbaugh Surrenders in Drug Case", Jeff Leeds, 2006 April 29].
- Mark Strama Says Rush Limbaugh made it clear he'd rather see the country fail than President Barack Obama succeed. Politifact.
- https://www.mediamatters.org/rush-limbaugh/feminazi-history-limbaughs-trademark-slur-against-women "Feminazi": The History Of Limbaugh's Trademark Slur Against Women], MediaMatters
- See the Wikipedia article on Rush Limbaugh–Sandra Fluke controversy.
- Limbaugh's arrest
- The Web, Where 'Pimps' Roam Free, July 7, 2001, Wired
- "Limbaugh Blasts 'Overeducated' Young Single White Women", The Raw Story
- My Response to Senator Graham's Rationale for Supporting Amnesty. Rush Limbaugh Show.
- "Rush Limbaugh's Advertisers Facing Social Media Firestorm", ThinkProgress
- "Second Ratio Station drops Limbaugh", ThinkProgress
- "Limbaugh threatened with lawsuit by supergroup Rush, The Raw Story
- Rush Limbaugh Show Includes Over 5 Minutes Of Dead Air As Advertiser Exodus Continues, Mar 8, 2012, ThinkProgress
- Limbaugh's Advertiser Exodus Expands Exponentially, 03/10/2012, MediaMatters
- "Premier Networks' List of Advertisers Asking Not To Advertise On Limbaugh and Other Right-Wing Hosts"
- "EXCLUSIVE: 141 Companies Drop Advertising From Rush Limbaugh", ThinkProgress
- Rush Limbaugh Dismisses Advertiser Exodus: 'Everything Is Cool' (audio), 03/07/2012, HuffPost
- RushLimbaugh.com Removes Offensive Attacks On Sandra Fluke From Transcript Archives, Mar 8, 2012, ThinkProgress
- Limbaugh: Judging Miss America proves I'm not anti-woman, March 14, 2012, Raw Story
- Shugerman, E. (July 19. 2018). Republican congressman Jason Lewis faces backlash after asking why it's unacceptable to call women 'sluts'. Independent. Retrieved July 19, 2018.
- Andrew Seifter and Gabe Wildau, Limbaugh on torture of Iraqis: U.S. guards were "having a good time," "blow(ing) some steam off", Media Matters, 5/5/2004
- Conservative Radio Host Rush Limbaugh. Time
- Limbaugh: "Adolf Hitler, Like Barack Obama, Ruled By Dictate" (audio), 09/06/2009, HuffPost
- Rush Limbaugh: Obama Created Recession As 'Payback' For Racism, 07/07/2010, HuffPost
- https://www.cbsnews.com/news/rush-limbaugh-ill-leave-country-over-health-bill/, March 9, 2010, CBS news
- Limbaugh: Health Care Reform Just Like Hitler! Dispatches From the Culture Wars
- History of private health insurance (German)
- List of United Kingdom general elections
- With No Irony, Rush Limbaugh Says Lesbians are Obese Substance Abusers, Daily Kos (removed)
- Rush Limbaugh: Robin Williams killed himself because of a 'political leftist' attitude, August 12, 2014, Raw Story
- Donald Trump's Locker Room Is the Entire World, Oct. 13, 2016, Intelligencer; Another name for "rape police" is just "police"]
- "Rush Limbaugh Claims New Zealand Mosque Shootings Were False Flag Operation, Offers No Evidence", 2019 Mar 15, Daniel Moritz-Rabson
- Limbaugh conspiracy: Democrats allowed Charlottesville terrorism for political gain, Media Matters Staff, 2017 Aug 15
- "What Really Happened in Charlottesville", Rushlimbaugh.com, 2017 Aug 14
- "Rush Limbaugh warns of second civil war after Charlottesville violence", Daniel Chaitin, 2017 August 19
- "Barack Obama and His Deep State Operatives Are Attempting to Sabotage the Duly Elected President of the United States", Rushlimbaugh.com, 2017 Mar 2
- "The "Whisteblower" Just Proves the Deep State Spies on Trump", RushLimbaugh.com, 2019 Sept 23
- "My Analysis of the Hurricane Irma Panic", Rushlimbaugh.com, 2017 Sep 5
- "Rush Limbaugh indicates he's evacuating Palm Beach days after suggesting Hurricane Irma is fake news", Callum Borchers, Washington Post, 2017 Sep 08
- http://nobelprize.org/nomination/peace/nomination.php?action=show&showid=2609 (broken)
- http://nobelprize.org/nomination/peace/nomination.php?action=show&showid=3323 (broken)
- Nomination and Selection of Peace Prize Laureates
- See the Wikipedia article on Thanksgiving.
- Transcript from the 2006 reading. Includes a long-winded prologue about his trip to Afghanistan, Ann Coulter, etc.