Talk:101 evidences for a young age of the Earth and the universe/Archive8
#96: Martino Martini in China
-  maybe?
- The blurry text seems to read: "Jesuit misionary Martino Martini shows that Chinese history [something something something]. Nobody takes notice."
- I'll keep looking. Peter tanquam ex ungue leonem 07:42, 3 April 2012 (UTC)
- I'm not finding anything about his reactions to his find—what exactly do you need? This might be good. ED: This too...maybe. Peter tanquam ex ungue leonem 07:46, 3 April 2012 (UTC)
- I think we need something that clearly supports the story we tell in the entry. I don't doubt it, but a good ref will help third-party readers - David Gerard (talk) 08:11, 3 April 2012 (UTC)
- I got the story from Measuring Eternity by Martin Gorst (2001) which is an American version of Aeons published in the UK. In his notes and sources Gorst references: Historians of China and Japan ed. W.G.Beasley and E.G.Pulleyblank, London, 1961; The Forgotten Christians of Hanzhou by David E. Mungello, Honolulu, 1994; Curious Land: Jesuit Accommodation and the Origins of Sinology by David E. Mungello, Honolulu, 1989; and Observations mathématiques, astronomiques, geographiques, chronologiques, et physiques, tirées des anciens livres chinois; ou faites nouvellement aux Indes et a la Chine par les peres de la Compagnie de Jesus, Paris, 1729, for how the Jesuits cross-referenced eclipses with Chinese history. ГенгисIs the Pope a Catholic? 09:31, 3 April 2012 (UTC)
#59: "shabbily acquired"
- Or looking at it now its been subdivided by topic that works too. Tmtoulouse (talk) 18:14, 4 April 2012 (UTC)
Don't know if you've heard
But this happened. 18:38, 4 April 2012 (UTC)
- Nope, hadn't heard at all. -- Seth Peck (talk) 18:47, 4 April 2012 (UTC)
For when being nice is getting to be a bit of a strain
Fun:101 evidences for a young age of the Earth and the universe. Feel free to expand with your frustrations answering this or any other Gish gallop. (Though I wouldn't link it from the article. It can be our little secret.) - David Gerard (talk) 22:02, 4 April 2012 (UTC)