- We should get PalMD to come over here and educate us on the medical effectiveness of all those horrible remedies that supposedly help cure hangovers. --AKjeldsenGodspeed! 15:33, 29 July 2007 (CDT)
I have heard stories of these...what do you call them? Hangovers, yes. I have never had the misfortune of meeting one, mind you. --Kels 15:40, 29 July 2007 (CDT)
- of the dog. Does hair of the goat work?
Another for 'like healing like?
- Far as I know, the only thing that really helps is drinking a lot of water along with the booze, since it
prevents the dehydrationdrowns the angry angels in your head. Of course, drinking less might hypothetically help as well, but... well. --AKjeldsenGodspeed! 16:02, 29 July 2007 (CDT)
Water! I always try to remember to drink (water) before I go to bed after an evening's drinking. But I know that if I do then the angry angels will descend to my bladder and cause me to rise from my slumbers. Kels, you are either very lucky or very abstemious (or maybe your angels are permanently intoshkated?). Keepoff the grass 16:13, 29 July 2007 (CDT)
- Well, I haven't overindulged in years. But I have done in the past, but I seem to be very lucky, in that I've never had one. Mind you, I'm also not prone to headaches (they tend to be rare and mild), so perhaps the two are related. --Kels 16:24, 29 July 2007 (CDT)
Hangover not= headache (not in my case anyway). Hangover = head feeling big and fluffy and somewhere else, eyes gritty (when openable) and hypersensitive to the light of luminous alarm clock @ fifteen paces (focussing! - now there's a whole other story), hearing intensified to point where cat purring on other pillow sounds like Vesuvius erupting in next room, balance none existent, mouth tasting of unclean carpet, stomach roiling, lower down gets unmentionable.
Have a drink for me!
- Nope, never had any of that. And thanks, I will. --Kels 16:43, 29 July 2007 (CDT)
The way to avoid a hangover...
...is to stick to vodka. Totnesmartin 16:41, 29 July 2007 (CDT)
- But vodka's not sticky.
- (A stick's sticky)
- It's sticky if you spill it and forget to wipe it up. probably. Totnesmartin 16:50, 29 July 2007 (CDT)
Carry an IV of ringers solution, after you are done drinking and purging, drinking and purging (reminds me of my fraternity bar tending days) drinking and well you get it, get someone sober at the party to give you the IV. You will be fine in a matter of minutes and no hang over.-- I am the AlphaTimSand the Omega!. 20:16, 9 October 2007 (EDT)
I'm still weak. Doggedpersistance 15:39, 30 July 2007 (CDT)
I'm feeling a little better now, thank you. Doggedpersistance 18:15, 25 August 2007 (CDT)
How to really avoid a hangover
Guys, hangovers are caused by dehydration. If you actually drink enough water while imbibing, you can avoid any hangovers. -- Radioactive afikomen Please ignore all my awful pre-2014 comments. 17:03, 19 January 2008 (EST)
- Well, it is also true that poorly brewed or distilled booze contains some real fuckyouup chemicals. I can drink a fifth of Scotch, and as long as it was made properly, all I get is dehydrated. OK, and a bit shaky for most of the next day, but no noticeable hangover. Pity, I could use the speed bump ;) Of course, the dehydration helps speed up my absorption of coffee in the morning, as my body desperately tries to get water anywhere it can. human 18:38, 19 January 2008 (EST)
Move it to Fun: if you like Secret Squirrel. DogP 19:48, 17 March 2008 (EDT)
I was always taught that God wasn't the one behind the hangover. InaVegt 15:31, 5 November 2008 (EST)
As my father (A vicar) says, 'God invented Alcohol, Satan invented the hangover', and what a vicar who happens to be my parent says must be true, if we follow Schlaflian logic. InaVegt 15:31, 5 November 2008 (EST)
The only time I ever had anything approaching a hangover (very mild, but it was my first drink ever basically, and I haven't had anything since)
- I judge the Scotch I drink by how it leaves me... apart from dehydration, the better stuff leaves no ugly footprint on my brain. The cheap crap is like slow poison. (as if the good stuff isn't!) ħuman 23:10, 5 November 2008 (EST)