Removed Johnny Depp section
It's just straight up gossip, not to mention that entire case from my understanding has been the subject of endless back-and-forthing with not much related to our mission. Techpriest (I am Alpharius! / / / ) 10:06, 28 January 2021 (UTC)
See you next Tuesday
“... proclaim of how much of a cunt they are.”
Protecting this page?
- Actually, just checked the fossil record and it's not as bad as I thought. GeeJayK (talk) 18:59, 6 February 2021 (UTC)
JK as leftist who turned right with age
- Another reason for a center-left/center-right category in my opinion. GeeJayK (talk) 19:18, 8 February 2021 (UTC)
- Also goes to show how much the world has changed in the past few decades. 30 years ago when Rowling was writing her books, simply believing that gay people should be allowed to exist, just preferably Someplace Else, would've been center-left. Now if you aren't convinced that Trans Women are effectively the same as Cis Women, you might as well join the Klan. Personally, I'm more of the "tolerance" camp, the whole "radical, reciprocal inclusiveness" thing, where we should accept just about any weirdo that is also willing to accept everyone else in return. I'm still going to view you as a weirdo though, even if I don't give a shit about in which toilet you shit. CorUsar (poke) 19:46, 8 February 2021 (UTC)
- She's a centrist or centre-left, supporting the right wing of the Labour party. She's even humorously described herself as a "filthy bourgeois neoliberal centrist". Aside from her anti-trans politics her positions are generally liberal rather than leftist or rightist (pro abortion rights, anti-Israel boycott and anti-Netenyahu, anti-Trump, slightly environmentalist, hints at fat acceptance, moderately pro-gay, fond of the Obamas, etc). --Annanoon (talk) 11:06, 16 March 2021 (UTC)
Recent minor edit war
- Same, but this is something that should be on the talk pages before it gets removed. Rockford the Roe boop my snootpraise Oscar Wilde 22:16, 15 March 2021 (UTC)
- @Rockford the Roe If you want to leave this in you need to elaborate on why Hermione's existence being counter to sexism. VerminWiki (talk) 22:18, 15 March 2021 (UTC)
- I think the reason why that was put in there by whoever originally put it in there was because she's a strong female character. --Goatspeed. How's my editingCircularRasoningMy experiments 01:50, 16 March 2021 (UTC)
I mean, apparently this book of hers has a crossdresser male serial killer, which I think is worth noting.
See this page under "Unfortunate Implications".
- I'd almost forgotten, but yes, definitely topical. I'm unvolunteering from reading it, though! Kntai (talk) 09:33, 18 August 2021 (UTC)
How can she be a TERF when she categorically isn't a radical feminist? I don't deny she's anti-trans (although I found myself agreeing with some basic tenants of her views) and completely misses the point on 90% of trans issues...--2A00:23C4:3E08:4000:388E:60BF:3F2B:DBCB (talk) 20:13, 15 October 2021 (UTC)