Talk:S. E. Cupp
I know this may not be the most objective page (or is it?), but boy is it refreshing to read a wiki entry on her that isn’t almost entirely oblivious to the near-universal (in rational camps) doubt of her so-called atheism. — Are there any traditional media sources expressing this doubt? The Wikipedia page could use an injection of this sort of suspicion. It mostly takes her at her word (as of April 4, 2011). --Zookeeper (talk) 02:47, 5 April 2011 (UTC)
- It's impossible to "prove" that she isn't an atheist, and in all likelihood, I think she's just concern trolling to fill Fox's need for more "token concern trolls" (my definition of the term is on the concern troll talk page). Basically, she's an atheist who trolls atheists and a "coastal elite" who trolls coastal elites, which smacks of attention whoring/DCL territory to me, thus making it far more likely she is an atheist and just trolling for bucks. Nebuchadnezzar (talk) 02:56, 5 April 2011 (UTC)
Atheism and pro-religious right
Everyone seems to think this combination of positions is unusual, but is it really that unusual? Couldn't it describe a lot of neoconservatives — a lot of whom, I would think, started out as atheists, and then convinced themselves that religious belief was a good thing (helps to fight the Soviets and keep the masses in check, etc.), but just because you've convinced yourself religious belief is good, doesn't necessarily mean you've personally convinced yourself of its truth. (((Zack Martin)))™ 19:27, 30 May 2011 (UTC)
- Actually, many of the neocon intelligentsia are rather moderate Jews. I see what you mean in terms of a Leo Strauss-style "noble lie," though as I'm attempting to grind through Cupp's screed, she seems not to be taking a Straussian tack so much as demanding "respect" for Christianity just because many people are Christians (conservative correctness?). There is also tension between the old-school neocons (e.g., Charles Krauthammer) and religious right because of the religious pseudosciences they promote, which some of the neocons view as detrimental to the technological dominance of the US. Nebuchadnezzar (talk) 20:01, 30 May 2011 (UTC)
Improving this article was hard work for me and others and coping with
polite criticism was the hardest part. Still This version is definitely better than This earlier version. Proxima Centauri (talk) 17:22, 28 March 2012 (UTC)
- My heart bleeds. ТyLonely. Ever so lonely. 17:26, 28 March 2012 (UTC)
IDiot or useful idiot?
So, either, she genuinely feels sorry for the mega-oppressed Christian middle Americans, to an even more extreme degree than some people get about offending Islam, and would prefer that Christianity delude everyone into believing in bullshit... For the greater good? A useful idiot atheist Christian apologist, who'd probably see herself criminally prosecuted for her atheism if she got her way.
Or, she's a conservative Christian, professional concern troll, and liar for Jesus extraordinaire who thinks we should teach creationism in schools because creationism is what she believes in. She's secretly an IDiot.
Or she's a sociopath who will say whatever she must to get money and power. She might believe in a God or not, but that's not important for her punditry. — Unsigned, by: 126.96.36.199 / talk / contribs
- On talk pages, please sign your comments using four tildes (~~~~) or by clicking on the sign button: on the toolbar above the edit panel. You can also indent successive talk page comments using one more colon (:) for each line. Thank you. Reverend Black Percy (talk) 21:01, 20 August 2016 (UTC)
- I think she's the second one; I mean, come on, when asked whether or not she'd vote for an atheist president, her literal answer was, "I'm not going to vote for someone who believes in nothing". That, and Contardapedia has an article praising her, an "atheist"; whoever heard of CP do so much as not lose their shit at (much less like) even the most mute and non-"militant" of atheists for just plain existing? It's painfully obvious. Fossil evidence of my evolution🎃CircularRasoning🎃Prototype lab 04:14, 7 December 2018 (UTC)