|A dirty dozen gems about|
|Not just a river in Egypt|
- Not to be confused with "anti-relativism," a philosophical position opposed to cultural relativism.
Anti-relativity refers to the denial of Albert Einstein's Theory of Relativity. While relativity denial is mostly the province of lone cranks these days, it was much more widespread in Einstein's day, often being collectively referred to as "the anti-relativity movement."
 Deutsche Physik and anti-Semitic conspiracy theories
One of Einstein's biggest opponents was the German nationalist movement Deutsche Physik, which infamously dismissed relativity as "Jewish physics." A line of thought common to Deutsche Physik and other anti-Semites was that Jews were the gatekeepers of scientific journals and so were suppressing their superior ideas.
In what might be more appropriately called "Einstein denial," some anti-Semites did not claim that Einstein was wrong, but that he had plagiarized or otherwise ripped off earlier ideas from (insert your favored ethnic group here).
Some Objectivists question or deny relativity as it doesn't fit neatly into Ayn Rand's metaphysical notions about causation (and is probably corrupted by dirty Kantian philosophy to boot). The most notable Objectivist anti-relativist was Petr Beckmann, who attempted to replace it with a theory called "Galilean Electrodynamics."
 Moral relativism
Some laymen mistakenly believe that the Theory of Relativity translates to the world of the humanities and ethical values rather than being simply a physical theory. Much like some people believe that Darwinian evolution necessarily implies Social Darwinism, Heisenberg's uncertainty principle implies postmodernism, or quantum physics implies their favored form of quantum woo, some believe that the Theory of Relativity implies moral relativism. However, the two have nothing to do with each other.
 See also
 Further reading
- Einstein's sceptics: Who were the relativity deniers? New Scientist
- Some Scientifically Inaccurate Claims Concerning Cosmology and Relativity, Chris Hillman
- Was Einstein a Fake? Cosmos
- Mocking a Silly Anti-Relativity Rant, Good Math, Bad Math
- Did Einstein Cheat?, Salon
- The socialist haunted world: Relativity, fluoridation, and climate change as socialist plot, Watching the Deniers
- Climate denial activists' parallel to the anti-relativity movement of the 1920s, DeSmog Blog