Archives for this talk page: <1>, <2>, <3>, <4>, <5>, <6>, <7>, <8>, <9>, <10>, <11>
 Herein goeth anything regarding the technicalities of the wiki
FAQs & Problems:
- Problems with accessing the wiki
- Queries about extensions
- CSS Help
- Wikitalk Help
If you've written, or are using, some extension or script that either might give others problems or is giving you a problem, then either describe it or link to it on this page.
If you've written some piece of code that you want help with, ask here with linkage.
If your browser acts up with some code,ask here.
In short, anything techy, ask, tell or link on this page.
If you think it is a server-type issue, feel free to email the goat at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org for best results.
- Well? - Is anyone out there? Scream!! (talk) 12:44, 2 August 2014 (UTC)
 Pibot archiving a very old talk page
I've tried to set up Pibot to archive Talk:Irreducible complexity, hoping that it will shove all the pre-2014 content into the archive. Surprisingly, it archived only two sections. Am I wrong believing that Pibot can archive stuff before the first section on a page, and why did it fail to do so in this case? Also, what prevented the rest of the sections from being archived? I thought Pibot can cope with non-UTC timezones in timestamps, and this seems to be at least partially true - both archived sections use timestamps in CDT.--ZooGuard (talk) 17:57, 18 August 2014 (UTC)
- Does Pi actually do any active running of Pibot? It's a mystery to me - David Gerard (talk) 18:54, 18 August 2014 (UTC)
 Wikipedia-style image viewer
- You realise you're talking about one of the most hated things on Wikipedia :-D Um, probably not until we go 1.23 (which we'll need to before May 2015, when support for 1.19 ends). Not sure if Media Viewer works with 1.23, but if it does then sure! - David Gerard (talk) 17:00, 4 September 2014 (UTC)
 The "Captcha" sucks
I have tried about 10 times now to create my own page, but have been blocked by the Captcha function which mistakes me for a spambot or somesuch. It is not clear to me what the gd written clue is, and the sound quality on the audio clue is so hopelessly bad, when 'Z' sometimes sounds like 'D' or 'E', that I can't edit my own page. Now, to even POST this comment on your tech support page, I am again blocked by the stupid captcha. One more reason why I prefer Wikipedia to RationalWiki.--Tomwsulcer (talk) 14:41, 8 September 2014 (UTC)
- Note: I finally figured out that I had to flip through several ads before I came to the written clue. This feature must surely screen out persons who want to join your encyclopedia, but can't get past this obnoxious feature.--Tomwsulcer (talk) 14:43, 8 September 2014 (UTC)
 Mobile frontend?
http://mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:MobileFrontend ?--Monarchofascist25px 16:52, 12 September 2014 (UTC)
- Also waiting for 1.23. (Which is waiting on me finding time to contemplate the matter atop a mountain, put it on rationalbeta, get far too few people to beat it up, release it, fix everything that broke because of too few people beating it up.) Mobile is actually a seriously good reason for this, because our site looks like shit on a phone - David Gerard (talk) 19:10, 12 September 2014 (UTC)
- memcached had fallen over. Restarted - sidebar is working, site is much faster now. Search still returning no results, will continue contemplation - David Gerard (talk) 10:04, 15 September 2014 (UTC)