|None like it hot|
|Lies, talking points, manufactroversies|
Judith Curry is a climatologist at Georgia Tech, infamous for flirting with the denier community on the basis that some of them have "good ideas" and can't get their contrarian papers published. For instance, she has posted on Anthony Watts' blog, as well as Steve McIntyre's Climate Audit. She has further embarrassed herself (and her university) by using refuted denier talking points and defending the Wegman Report, eventually admitting she hadn't even read it in the first place. This and other shenanigans led Tamino of Open Mind to say, "Judith, your credibility is now below zero." In short, she's the Richard Lindzen of the South. Or maybe the Roy Spencer of Georgia, take your pick.
Perhaps what has sparked the most criticism, more than any other one thing, is that she has invited McIntyre to talk at Georgia Tech. No, really. This makes her a massive enabler.
Some other stuff she's been wrong about:
- Maybe the Heartland Institute isn't so bad after all!
- The BEST team tried to "hide the decline," because there has been "no warming since 1998." (This was widely quoted in a Daily Mail article.)
- (From the same Daily Mail article) "The models are broken." She later backed down about this on her blog, saying she was misquoted and "had no idea where it came from."
- Murry Salby is right about CO2 and every other scientist is wrong.
This list could actually go on for much longer -- just go to her blog for more info.
 See also
- A Scientific American article about her
- Her Skeptical Science Page (more on her Daily Mail brouhaha and "preference for mild Curry")
- Is Judith Curry Peddling Disinformation?, Collide-a-Scape
- Go Judy, Stoat (Can't think of any more amusing Curry jokes?)
- Greenfyre sums up all her antics in one place.
- Curry vs. Mann
- Uncertain science: Judith Curry's take on Climate Change