Help us beat last year's record of $7100!
Awesome! We are half way to our goal!
|Goal: $7,200||Donations so far: $6687.20|
We are 100% user-supported! Help and donate today!
“”Evangelicals have the best sex life of any group.
|—Ted Haggard |
“”"We never had sex sex. I bought drugs and a massage from him, and he masturbated me at the end of it. That's it."
Ted Haggard was the definitely-heterosexual, obviously not gay head of the New Life Church in Colorado Springs, Colorado. In 2007 Haggard was exposed as a methamphetamine user and a regular customer of Denver's male prostitutes, even though he's not gay. We must assume that money the faithful gave him was never used in this way. After a month of intensive "therapy", he was pronounced "
200% 100% heterosexual" and announced that he was going for a master's degree at the University of Phoenix. He is not gay, seriously.
The reason Ted Haggard chose the homosexual lifestyle (but he's not gay) is that Satan has a presence in the Church, which is why people can still have impure thoughts in church. Even though Satan can find his way into the Church, rest assured, there is no way that Satan found his way into the Bible long ago and twisted the whole book, because the Bible says so: Every word of God is pure: He is a shield unto them that put their trust in Him. He is not gay.
 New Life Church
Ted Haggard founded the New Life Church in 1984. Locals often refer to it as "6 Flags Over Jesus" due to its enormous size and bizarrely large number of flags out front. Attendance has been very down since Ted's fall from grace (even though he is not gay).
Rev. Haggard has apparently left the "restoration" process after three weeks, because he's totally not gay. He has been advised to seek secular work and is studying to be a counsellor. We must pity his secular victims. He's not gay.
In 2007 Haggard begged the gullible public for money to finance himself and his wife while studying online and moved with her into rehabilitation. He asked donations to be sent to a tax exempt organisation that was dissolved several months previously. His resources include:
- $85,000 anniversary bonus given before the scandal,
- $115,000 for the 10 months he worked,
- $138,000 in severance,
- $700,000 for the
hovelmansion where he lives,
- Unknown amount in royalties for the morally uplifting books he wrote.
No, seriously. There's nothing homosexual about him at all.
 Post-scandal career
After losing his credibility and the possibility of continuation for his ministerial career, Haggard has had to build a new life for himself in the secular world, despite not being gay. The path he seems to have chosen, according to his personal website, is the shady world of life insurance sales. His business model bears a scary resemblance to pyramid selling and other such get-rich-quick scams out there on the internet, proving once and for all that life in the church really does give you an education in parting the gullible from their cash. By the way, he's not gay.
Scandals aside, there is good evidence that Mr. Haggard was an extremely bad, though non-gay, man. When meeting with a ten-year-old with aspirations of becoming a Christian preacher, Haggard mocked the child's speaking skills, informing the child that he could trade on his youth and enthusiasm until he gained some "real material."
By sheer coincidence, Ted Haggard is also the lovely, heterosexual (in no way homosexual) and slightly opinionated preacher who briefly appeared and was interviewed by Richard Dawkins in the documentary The Root of All Evil, which was filmed in early 2006 before the scandal. Also he's not gay.
Haggard's "World Prayer Center" was lavishly illustrated with intriguing, high-camp (but of course not in any way gay) fantasy art by a number of contemporary figurative artists, including muscular and busty angels (nothing gay about them) depicted by the neo-symbolist fantasy painter Thomas Blackshear.
 He's not gay
Seriously, he's not. It cannot be stressed too highly – no, he's not gay.
Seriously guys, he isn't gay.
 See also
- Ted Haggard is Completely Heterosexual
- Love Letter to Ted Haggard
- Youtube: the Meth and Man-Ass revival song.
- ↑ He's not gay.
- ↑ ABC News
- ↑ http://www.gq.com/news-politics/newsmakers/201102/pastor-ted-haggard?printable=true
- ↑ Proverbs 30:5
- ↑ Haggard says he is "completely heterosexual"
- ↑ Haggard's website on his new career.
- ↑ Los Angeles Times
- ↑ In Jesus Camp, the documentary film, Haggard mocks the young Levi in this fashion.
- ↑ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmMv0ceWTVQ
- ↑ John Coulthart, Gay for God, Nov. 3, 2006.
- ↑ Noel Black, Ted Haggard's Crystal Cathedral: A Visit to the Gayest Place on Earth, The Stranger
- ↑ Blackshear really is quite good; in addition to standard high-camp reference points like Frank Frazetta, his work often evokes the work of decadent and Symbolist painters like Gustav Klimt[wp], Fernand Khnopff[wp] and Pierre Puvis de Chavannes[wp]. There is nothing gay about this kind of taste, no sirree Bob.