CRONaxal, (previously called Gilaxal), is marketed by Terra Biological llc as a medical food, "specially formulated" for people with primary brain tumours. Terra Biological say it contains a substance called oxaloacetate, which they also market as a treatment for the unrelated conditions Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis, Pre Menstrual Syndrome, tremor, and doping athletes.
In their 2015 patent application, Terra Biological said that their oxaloacetate stuff is in clinical trials for "mitochondrial disease, Parkinson's disease, Alzheimer's disease and Cancer", (is there nothing this miraculous substance can't treat ?).
The bulk price for oxaloacetate is US$1-$10 per kilogram, CRONaxal can cost up to $1500 per month, so unless Terra Biological ship customers their body-weight in the stuff every month, they're being overcharged.
So CRONaxal / oxaloacetate allegedly treats many unrelated conditions, check ✔. It's recommended by dodgy doctors, check ✔. Its manufacturer uses the word "miracle", check ✔. It's sold as a food rather than a drug whose efficacy has to be proven, check ✔. Grossly overpriced, check ✔. So CRONaxal has all the hallmarks of a health-fraud scam.
- The CRONaxal website
- The CRONaxal label which states each capsule contains "Ascorbic Acid", (aka Vitamin C), & "Oxaloacetic Acid".
- YouTube videos by Terra Biological's "Chief Science Officer" & entrepreneur, Alan Cash.
- Apparently Mr Cash's qualifications are in physical sciences, (rather than biology).
- A previous enterprise by Terra Biological's Allan Cash was "Terra-Kleen": a process to decontaminate polluted soil.
- Alan Cash "responsible for" an anti-aging oxaloacetate "formula" sold by Dave "Bulletproof" Asprey.
- Alan Cash has made a patent-application to use the oxaloacetate stuff as a "flavoring agent"
for "chewing gum … confections, toothpaste … bottled water, frozen treats and the like."
- There is a 2005 patent-application by Alan Cash to use oxaloacetate as a hang-over treatment.
- Dr. Mitch Ghen's website — also offers colloidal silver, and pet products.
- Apparently Terra Biological's Alan Cash also has plans to offer pet products: for cats & dogs.
- Future products from Terra Biological apparently include "empathol", "plesurol", "pleasanol", "affectol", &
- Dr Chris D. Meletis ND, (a member of A4M), promotes CRONaxal.
- Dr. Kevin Bethel MD, (of the IAT clinic in the Bahamas), recommends CRONaxel, (and the RGCC test).
- CRONaxal is available at Dr Antonio Jimenez's Hope4Cancer clinics in Mexico.
- Gliaxal renamed CRONaxal in 2014
- FDA says be suspicious of products which claim to treat unrelated conditions
- A copy of http://alsmedicalfood.com/ , (archived February 2017).
- A copy of http://endpmsanger.com/about-us (archived February 2017).
- A copy of http://tremorstop.com/ (archived February 2017).
- A copy of http://endurance4athletes.com/ (archived February 2017).
- "Dr. Mitch’s Rock Solid Glucose" an oxaloacetate supplement made by Terra Biological LLC
- Mitchell Joseph Ghen, D.O., has been repeatedly disciplined, and investigated by the FDA.
- Terra Biological's patent 2015 application.
- Terra Biological do own a URL which has the word "miracle".
- Bulk oxaloacetate is US$1-$10 per kilogram.
- The “highly aggressive package” of CRONaxal costs $1500 per month.
- CRONaxal is used at Hope4Cancer.