Deep South Paranormal
|It's fun to pretend|
|The Twilight Zone|
A group of Louisiana ghost hunters are encouraged to act like caricatures of ignorant rednecks. In addition to seeking out spooks using pseudoscientific electronic gear with lots of blinky lights, they do endearing "Southern" things like eat grits, yell while waving a rebel flag, plunk out Lynyrd Skynyrd tunes on guitars in order to "engage the spirits", and utter cute sayings like "even the Sun shines on a dog's ass once in a while".
 Frog breath
One episode features one of the ghost hunters demonstrating what is charmingly described as "an old Southern remedy used to drive off evil spirits" involving sucking the breath from a frog and storing it in a glass vial.
The cast appears to be carefully chosen for their scintillating personalities.
- A guy with a ZZ Top beard
- A guy who spits and chews tobacco
- A guy who hails from "the bayou"
- Three additional guys with beards and baseball caps
There are probably worse things than making a fast buck off regional stereotypes, but when Variety describes a show as a ridiculous ploy to cash in on the current "redneck wave" of reality television, you know it's in deep trouble.
 See also
- ↑ Matt Wake 'Deep South Paranormal': Get to know new Syfy reality show's 3 Huntsville-area cast members AL.com, April 08, 2013
- ↑ YouTube Best Lines from Deep South Paranormal SyFy, May 1, 2013
- ↑ dailymotion.com Deep South Paranormal Frog Whisperer
- ↑ TV Guide Deep South Paranormal Cast April 7, 2013
- ↑ Brian Lowry TV Review: ‘The Moment,’ ‘Deep South Paranormal’ Variety, April 8, 2013