|Tell me about your mother|
|Let us examine...|
Suicide is the act of deliberately killing oneself. It is most frequently attempted, though not exclusively, as a result of mental ill health and, as such, represents a significant cause of preventable death as those at risk generally respond extremely well to timely intervention and treatment.
Suicide is viewed by various religions as a sin, including Islam, Judaism, Hinduism and Christianity (despite Jesus Christ basically doing so), usually because of "thou shalt not kill", sanctity of life, God's will, and such stuff. God is considered infinitely loving and compassionate, but has little or no compassion for those whose desperation and misery overcomes their survival instinct.
Treating suicide as a mortal sin is almost certainly a retrofit, due to the discovery that preaching eternal happiness in heaven, as the Christian faith does, led to people killing themselves in order to get there faster, a trend which ended with Augustine of Hippo's redefinition of suicide as a sin, rather than a valid means of martyrdom.
 Assisted suicide
Assisted suicide, a form of euthanasia, is where an individual is given the means necessary to commit suicide, or is voluntarily killed by somebody else. Assisted suicide is a controversial issue, and illegal in many countries.
 Suicide threats
The threat of suicide can make a person feel manipulated; while these threats should be taken seriously, people who are faced with threats of suicide by others should not allow themselves to be manipulated by them.  . 
 Dissident views
Thomas Szasz drew a comparison between suicide and self-medication, arguing that both are activities that were once allowed by law and that, according to libertarian theory, should be re-legalized as basic human rights.
 See also
 Suicide Prevention
 United States
 United Kingdom
- ↑ It is thought by some that Jesus' death counts as sacrifice (to forgive humanity's sins), however, this means an omnipotent God sacrificed his son and/or himself in order to forgive.
- ↑ Suicide:A European Perspective by Nils Retterstøl at Google books
- ↑ http://www.assistedsuicide.org/suicide_laws.html
- ↑ Feeling Manipulated by Suicide Threats?
- ↑ Myths about suicide
- ↑ What to do when feeling manipulated by suicide threats
- ↑ Assisted Suicide is Bootleg Suicide, Thomas Szasz, 23 November 2001, Los Angeles Times.