Examples of Satan personally killing people
|For it is so written in|
 Killings by Satan
- Job's children and servants (possibly slaves). Satan thought Job wasn't as good as he looked and when trouble and death came he would renounce his belief so God told him he could test him. God allowed Satan to kill Job's children and servants to test Job in order to see how righteous he was. God allowed Satan to do this, for no particular reason other than to test Job, without thinking about the people who died, treating them as possessions that he would take away from Job and not as human beings. AGAIN, it was COMPLETELY condoned, if not ordered, by God, and only for the purpose of their little bet. In this scenario, it is the equivalent of God killing them himself.
 Erm, that's it
Yep, that's all, one guy's kids and servants, and even those were on a contract basis so God could test Job. Not so good for the Prince of All Evil™. It should be noted here that many theologians don't even identify the Adversary from the Book of Job with Satan - the grammar of the Hebrew lacks the preceding article that would ordinarily identify him as The Adversary - and instead the common view is that the villain of Job is another deity, a holdover from polytheistic times.
And please note that there was only one way that Satan could kill ANY human being:
God asked him to do it He had to request permission of God. Because (according to the bible) God is the only entity with the power of life and death. Wars, murderers, disasters -- these are all considered to be instruments of God. Yet, for some reason, believers tend to blame wars and murders (and sometimes disasters) on the workings of Satan.
 See also
- ↑ Well, Satan is facing tough choices because front-running people's afterlife by killing them isn't exactly an evil deed, from the perspective of an immortal (the effect is simply moving them from one place to another).
- ↑ The Wisdom Books, Robert Alter.
- ↑ I.e., Pat Robertson's proclamations that certain disasters are brought on by the presence of homosexuality, Mardi Gras, jazz music, etc. (Oh, wait! Maybe disasters actually qualify as the Wrath of God. Or not. It's all so confusing. But, then, God doesn't want us thinking to much about this. That's what faith is for. So, never mind.)
- ↑ Did Harry Hill write this or something?
- ↑ Bible Fight allows you to take the role of the one and beat the shit out of the other.Protip: complete the tournament to unlock God.
- ↑ Scribblenauts allows you to get God and Satan to fight in Scribblenauts. Try it yourself.