User talk:Proxima Centauri
Archives for this talk page: <2>, <1>, <3>, <4>, <5>
- All atheists have human weakness as do all Christians and other believers. I'm saddened to see people I used to look up to and still sometimes respect involved in this mess. I'll be able to write more when I've researched this better. Proxima Centauri (talk) 12:01, 14 January 2016 (UTC)
 RFC regarding topic
 Is there really nobody left?
- Will PZ find any excuse to start following Dawkins again? Blocking Dawkins just is so out of character for Myers. Proxima Centauri (talk) 17:22, 1 February 2016 (UTC)
Myers Tactless approach makes it harder for him to get support and succeed with feminist causes he says he cares about.
- Does Myers want to achieve his stated goals?
- Alternatively does Myers want to be the centre of controversy and blame other people for not doing things his way?
I'm not sure about the answer. Proxima Centauri (talk) 18:19, 1 February 2016 (UTC)
- I don't know where you're going with this, but this sounds like a tone argument to me.Typhoon (talk) 09:54, 2 February 2016 (UTC)
I'm not talking about the quality of Myers' arguments which is often good. After all he's a university professor. I'm talking about the effectiveness of his help for causes Myers claims he supports. I suspect the habit Myers has of getting into unnecessary arguments seriously reduces the value of any help he gives. Atheist activists and feminists should be careful how far we ally ourselves with Myers because it's unclear what he's really trying to do or how far he is helping various causes. Proxima Centauri (talk) 07:18, 3 February 2016 (UTC)
What did I do wrong? Proxima Centauri (talk) 18:40, 14 March 2016 (UTC)
- Not much, really. I lost about two hours' of work when my power was cut suddenly, and you were the first person in my cross hairs. I was childish, I apologize. Plutoniumboss (talk) 13:10, 17 March 2016 (UTC)
And now you're on my shit list again. Proxima, there is a vicious rumor going on around the wiki that you're not very bright. You aren't doing much to dissuade it, when you lumber into an article to add "removed" material that was not removed, only moved to a lower section Plutoniumboss (talk) 22:58, 26 June 2016 (UTC).
- Where did I do that? Proxima Centauri (talk) 07:53, 27 June 2016 (UTC)
- I just looked Jerry Coyne up in Google. The 'Atheism Wiki' article on Jerry Coyne that I wrote came on page 3 of Google while the RationalWiki article that many of the mob contributed to came on page 5 of Google. Does that show low intelligence?? Proxima Centauri (talk) 11:02, 27 June 2016 (UTC)
 Just a minor note
Hey buddy! Just wanted to quietly link you to this, which was appropriately blanked by moderator Gerard, but who also chose not to hide the revisions (so it's nothing particular to just link you to it, since you could find it anyways). I wanted to stick to his decision to not talk about what's been happening with all that on this site, but since you had participated in the discussion with me, I just wanted you to see where the discussion had went, what it had amounted to prior to blanking, and to see the decision rightly taken by Gerard. All the best, Reverend Black Percy (talk) 11:38, 27 June 2016 (UTC)
- I won't take sides unless there's more than speculation. Let's see if this gets to court. Proxima Centauri (talk) 11:45, 27 June 2016 (UTC)