|Style over substance|
Nassim Haramein is a Swiss physics crank, one of the many who claim to have a Unified Field Theory he calls the Haramein-Rauscher Metric, in collaboration with real-but-somewhat-cranky physicist Elizabeth Rauscher. He claims this as a new solution to Einstein's Field Equations that incorporates torque and Coriolis effects.
Despite his claims, he's virtually unknown to mainstream physics, and the only people who take him seriously are the kind of people who listen to Coast to Coast AM. For a taste of his claims, assorted clips from his talks can be found on YouTube. Many of his papers can be downloaded from his website (he doesn't even get his stuff onto arXiv).
He is the founder of The Resonance Project, a website and foundation concerned with his Unified Physics, and the Hawaii Institute for Unified Physics. Despite the impressive names of those organizations, his article keeps getting deleted from Wikipedia on notability grounds.
Haramein claims his theory explains the origin of spin, which he defines as a "spacetime torque." He claims that his amendment to Einstein’s field equations, incorporating torque and Coriolis effects in "'plasma dynamics'" interacting with a "polarized geometric structured vacuum", produces a unified field theory. Further, he and Dr. Rauscher have developed a "Scaling Law for Organized Matter", which characterizes all matter from subatomic to galactic and universal size as various sized black holes. His unified field theory and the fractals associated with this "Scaling Law" are integral to his concept of a "Holofractographic Universe". There's also something in there that uses the real field of cymatics[wp] to support his idea of "resonance".
In at least one lecture he claims to decode crop circles. Topics discussed in his 4 DVD set in addition to his unified field theory include "The Arc of the Covenant, Knights Templar, Emmanuel's Tomb, Kabbalah, Tree of Life Decoded".
Haramein proposed "the Schwarzschild proton," a theoretical model of the proton where two black holes "orbit" one another, based on his aforementioned "Haramein-Rauscher metric." It may sound impressive, but it's almost entirely inconsistent with experimental observation. Anyone with even a basic knowledge of quantum mechanics knows that classical "orbits" do not apply at the scales mentioned in his paper. The paper was subsequently hidden from public view after being debunked as pseudoscience by internet blogs equally as reputable as Haramein, and is now available for download from his website.
Now that his Schwarzschild Proton paper has been debunked, he claims on his website to have published a new paper, "Quantum Gravity and the Holographic Mass" in the Physical Review and Research International Journal, at ScienceDomain International. This is in fact not a scientific journal at all, but an "open peer reviewed" website where anyone can pay a fee and have their "research" "peer-reviewed" and then "published" onto the website.
Haramein was featured prominently in the conspiracy theory movie Thrive, where he discusses the fundamental shape of the fabric of space, as well as potential extraterrestrial involvement with Earth throughout history.
The Black Whole
He is featured in the self-directed Gaiam film The Black Whole, a 2011 documentary-type movie starring Haramein and his "vacuum is the key to everything" claims. In the movie, he addresses the little he understands of quantum mechanics, the phi ratio, tetrahedrons, symmetries in the structure of the vacuum, and, of course, black holes, which, according to Haramein, are everywhere and everything; we are constantly appearing and disappearing at the speed of light, so, half of the time, we are vacuum, made of "blocks" of 64 tetrahedrons, arranged in such a way that a mini-black hole is created right at the centre of each "block", thus proving that we all have four sides.
- The Resonance Project homepage.
- Semi-layman's Version of some of Nassim Haramein's theories.
- Nassim Haramein on Coast to Coast radio show.
- Nassim Haramein's unified theory enters mainstream science!: A JREF forum thread investigating claims that his ideas were accepted by the mainstream.
-  Schwarzschild Proton debunked
-  ScienceDomain.org Article of Haramein's supposed groundbreaking new paper
-  Message where he claims to have published a paper in a journal (which is in fact a website where anyone can publish anything for a fee)
- ↑ http://theresonanceproject.org/pdf/torque_paper.pdf
- ↑ And yes, he has been on Coast to Coast several times.
- ↑ "Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Nassim Haramein (2nd nomination)." Wikipedia. 2012 May 16. Deletion logs for the article.
- ↑ N. Haramein, E. A. Rauscher, Collective Coherent Oscillation Plasma Modes In Surrounding Media of Black Holes and Vacuum Structure - Quantum Processes with Considerations of Spacetime Torque and Coriolis Forces (PDF), R. L. Amoroso, B. Lehnert & J-P Vigier (eds.) Beyond The Standard Model: Searching For Unity In Physics, 279-331. © 2005 The Noetic Press, ISSN# 1528-3739.
- ↑ N. Haramein, M. Hyson, E. A. Rauscher, Proceedings of The Unified Theories Conference (2008), Budapest, Hungary, Scale Unification: A Universal Scaling Law for Organized Matter, in Cs Varga, I. Dienes & R.L. Amoroso (eds.)
- ↑ http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6151699791256390335 at 2:13:00
- ↑ http://theresonanceproject.org/products.html