Thanks to everyone for helping us break last years record!
Details to be posted soon, awesome job!
|Goal: $7,200||Donations so far: $7690.21|
We are 100% user-supported! Help and donate today!
|Style over substance|
Nassim Haramein (b. 1962) is a Swiss amateur physicist. Haramein claims to have developed, in collaboration with real-but-fringe physicist Elizabeth Rauscher, a Unified Field Theory that he calls the Haramein-Rauscher Metric. According to Haramein, this "metric" is a new solution to Einstein's Field Equations that incorporates torque and Coriolis effects. He is also the founder of the Hawaii Institute for Unified Physics and the Resonance Project, a website and foundation addressing his unified physics.
Despite his claims, Haramein's work is unacknowledged by mainstream physicists. The only people who take him seriously tend to be fans of Coast to Coast AM (where he has appeared on several occasions). Selections from his talks are available on YouTube. Many of his papers can be downloaded from his website (he doesn't even get his stuff onto arXiv). Wikipedia articles about him were repeatedly deleted on notability grounds.
 Haramein-Rauscher Metric
Haramein claims his theory explains the origin of spin, which he defines as a "spacetime torque." He claims that his amendment to Einstein’s field equations, incorporating torque and Coriolis effects in "'plasma dynamics'" interacting with a "polarized geometric structured vacuum", produces a unified field theory. Further, he and Dr. Rauscher have developed a "Scaling Law for Organized Matter", which characterizes all matter from subatomic to galactic and universal size as various sized black holes. His unified field theory and the fractals associated with this "Scaling Law" are integral to his concept of a "Holofractographic Universe". There's also something in there that uses the real field of cymatics[wp] to support his idea of "resonance".
 Schwarzschild proton
Drawing on the aforementioned "Haramein-Rauscher metric," Haramein proposed "the Schwarzschild proton," a theoretical model of the proton in which two black holes "orbit" one another. It may sound impressive, but it's almost entirely inconsistent with experimental observation. Anyone with even a basic knowledge of quantum mechanics knows that classical "orbits" do not apply at the scales addressed in his paper.
The paper describing the model is available for download from his website.
Now that his Schwarzschild Proton paper has been debunked, Haramein claims to have published a new paper, "Quantum Gravity and the Holographic Mass" in the Physical Review and Research International Journal, at ScienceDomain International. Physical Review and Research International Journal is in fact not a scientific journal, but an "open peer reviewed" website where anyone can pay a fee and have their "research" "peer-reviewed" and then "published" on the website.
 Cinematic outreach
Haramein was featured prominently in the conspiracy theory movie Thrive, where he discusses the fundamental shape of the fabric of space, as well as potential extraterrestrial involvement with Earth throughout history.
 The Black Whole
He is featured in the self-directed Gaiam film The Black Whole, a 2011 documentary-type movie starring Haramein and his "vacuum is the key to everything" claims. In the movie, he addresses the little he understands of quantum mechanics, the phi ratio, tetrahedrons, symmetries in the structure of the vacuum, and, of course, black holes, which, according to Haramein, are everywhere and everything; we are constantly appearing and disappearing at the speed of light, so, half of the time, we are vacuum, made of "blocks" of 64 tetrahedrons, arranged in such a way that a mini-black hole is created right at the centre of each "block", thus proving that we all have four sides.
 Other interests
In his DVD box set, Haramein discusses, in addition to his unified field theory, topics including the Ark of the Covenant, the Knights Templar, Emmanuel's Tomb, Kabbalah, and someting he calls "the Tree of Life Decoded".
 See also
- The Resonance Project homepage.
- Semi-layman's Version of some of Nassim Haramein's theories.
- Nassim Haramein's unified theory enters mainstream science!: A JREF forum thread investigating claims that his ideas were accepted by the mainstream.
- Schwarzschild Proton debunked
- ScienceDomain.org Article of Haramein's supposed groundbreaking new paper
- Message where he claims to have published a paper in a journal (which is in fact a website where anyone can publish anything for a fee)
- ↑ http://theresonanceproject.org/pdf/torque_paper.pdf
- ↑ http://www.coasttocoastam.com/guest/haramein-nassim/40486
- ↑ "Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Nassim Haramein." Wikipedia. 2008 September 14. "Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Nassim Haramein (2nd nomination)." Wikipedia. 2012 May 16. Deletion logs for the article. Now locked so only a sysadmin can recreate it.
- ↑ N. Haramein, E. A. Rauscher, Collective Coherent Oscillation Plasma Modes In Surrounding Media of Black Holes and Vacuum Structure - Quantum Processes with Considerations of Spacetime Torque and Coriolis Forces (PDF), R. L. Amoroso, B. Lehnert & J-P Vigier (eds.) Beyond The Standard Model: Searching For Unity In Physics, 279-331. © 2005 The Noetic Press, ISSN# 1528-3739.
- ↑ N. Haramein, M. Hyson, E. A. Rauscher, Proceedings of The Unified Theories Conference (2008), Budapest, Hungary, Scale Unification: A Universal Scaling Law for Organized Matter, in Cs Varga, I. Dienes & R.L. Amoroso (eds.)
- ↑ "Nassim Haramein - Fraud or Sage? (intro) "
- ↑ "Nassim Haramein - Fraud or Sage?"
- ↑ "The Physics of the Schwarzschild Proton '
- ↑ Sciencedomain.org's description of their version of "peer review"
- ↑ A review and summary by a fan.
- ↑ http://theresonanceproject.org/products.html
- ↑ http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6151699791256390335 at 2:13:00