On the issues
“”"Illegal aliens give America drug-resistant tuberculosis and other diseases that threaten all of us."
In 2010, Brooks said he wanted to get "federal government out of the way of state and local governments that want to solve the problem." Irony meter test: he now wants to put the fed in the way of cities that try to actually solve the problem. He also thinks immigration reform is part of a "war on whites." That is an actual quotation. In 2015, he blamed immigrants from Mexico, with its 99% measles vaccination rate, for an outbreak of measles in the US.
Hey! Stopped clock! It couldn't be because the Marshall Space Flight Center is in his district, could it?
- ↑ https://www.congress.gov/bill/112th-congress/house-bill/217/cosponsors?q=%7B%22search%22%3A%5B%22Title+Abortion+Provider+Prohibition+Act%22%5D%7D
- ↑ http://s3.amazonaws.com/atrfiles/files/files/091411-federalpledgesigners.pdf
- ↑ http://americansforprosperity.org/noclimatetax//wp-content/uploads/2010/02/brooks.pdf
- ↑ http://mobrooksforcongress.com/?page_id=55
- ↑ https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-congress/house-bill/3009/cosponsors
- ↑ http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-partisan/wp/2014/08/04/rep-mo-brooks-talks-war-on-whites-as-the-gop-loses-the-battle-for-votes/
- ↑ http://www.al.com/opinion/index.ssf/2015/02/measles_mo_brooks_and_immigrat.html