This page is automatically archived by Archivist
Archives for this talk page: <1>
|| This user likes a troll-free talk page. Revert away!
 Some Concerns
- This discussion was moved to RW:BAR.
 So testing my ideas for fixing wigo for 1.27
Was your suggestion that I build a mediawiki install somewhere, drop the wigo code on it, and monkey with things until it worked? I've got a linode available for that, but I want to make sure I'm doing the right test case before I dump a good 20 hours getting it all configured right and trying desperately to hook it into my postgres server when everything's built for mysql. ikanreed You probably didn't deserve that 17:54, 6 March 2017 (UTC)
- Definitely assume MySQL/MariaDB - David Gerard (talk) 18:05, 6 March 2017 (UTC)
- I may need to spin up a whole new server to do this. ikanreed You probably didn't deserve that 22:55, 6 March 2017 (UTC)
- fun, isn't it! The database alone requires a buttload of disk, and InnoDB throws away disk space like water. I might do a latest-rev dump as well - David Gerard (talk) 22:58, 6 March 2017 (UTC)
- http://rwdocs.org/rw-latest-20170306.xml.xz - 100MB of latest revs only - David Gerard (talk) 00:25, 7 March 2017 (UTC)
- My plan was just a vanilla install with our extensions to do the testing. ikanreed You probably didn't deserve that 02:22, 7 March 2017 (UTC)
- Have you got a patched WIGO extension as yet? I have a 1.26 test installation of RW that it would be good to test on - David Gerard (talk) 13:44, 21 March 2017 (UTC)
- Oh, no, I've been a horrible slacker because setting up the install was a daunting task. Sorry. ikanreed You probably didn't deserve that 15:43, 21 March 2017 (UTC)
 Hello David
So, how is your book coming along? :) Reverend Black Percy (talk) 13:00, 12 April 2017 (UTC)
- fuuuucking slowly. Basically it's always easier to lie on the floor making seal noises than work on it. Dragging it on though!! - David Gerard (talk) 13:04, 12 April 2017 (UTC)
- Hah! Yeah, I hear you. Well, If you ever find yourself needing to toss someone a draft or portion of the text to proofread, I'd gladly check it out.
- Oh, and by the way, I noticed that atleast one random site links to here — which is a dead link.
- Dunno if it's even for us to deal with — more seal noises are fine too. All the best, Reverend Black Percy (talk) 13:19, 12 April 2017 (UTC)
- yeah, rationalblogs is down because it's currently pointed nowhere at all and Trent is AWOL - David Gerard (talk) 13:19, 12 April 2017 (UTC)