Conservapedia talk:Examples of Bias in Wikipedia
Someone may like to do a word count on "Deceit" at CP and compare it to WP and then write the almost guaranteed article that CP supports deceit. Then there is also the follow up to the suicide article that happened on CP, where Andy claimed that ratio of mentions to total articles should diminish as the article numbers get larger??? Lets just say that as a mathematician, Andy makes a good hoam skuler.:--Remarcsd 20:03, 4 October 2007 (EDT)
Let's hear it for quote mining. Should we mention that the WP article on Conservapedia actaully begins:
“”Conservapedia is a wiki-based web encyclopedia project with the stated purpose of creating an encyclopedia written from a socially- and economically-conservative viewpoint supportive of Conservative Christianity. Many of its articles are also supportive of Young Earth creationism.
Conservapedia's 100 Examples of Bias in Wikipedia
As per this version.
- Corrected or changed: 98, 70, 28-33
- False information and smears: 94, 93
- Critical comments by others about Wikipedia: 95, 94, 93, 92
- Mistakes made by other organizations relying on Wikipedia: 96
- "Liberal bias", Conservative omission: 97, 66, 88, 6
- "Anti-christian" bias, pro-evolution: 10, 15, 39, 42
- Failing to serve as a dictionary: 25
- Gossip, popular culture and obscure topics or figures: 89, 20, 8, 12
- Criticism of the Wiki-based encyclopedia system: 91, 23, 7
- Mathematical bias (?): 5