A great traditional treat! For Pesach, just substitute matzah meal for flour.
- 1 Kishka (goat intestine, well-cleaned)
- 4 cups Flour
- 3/4 lb goat suet
- 4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pepper
- 2 large carrots, grated
- 2 Onions, grated
- 2 Stalks Celery, grated
- Combine fat and flour. Blend well.
- Add vegetables, salt, and pepper. Knead well.
- Stuff kishka loosely, like a turkey, only 3/4 inch thick. (Flatten it.)
- Lay stuffed kishka around in a roasting pan. Add cold salted water to cover. Cover pan and simmer on top of stove about 1 hour. Slice and serve hot.
A gravy can also be made from the pan drippings, if desired.