- 3 lb young kid, cut into pieces
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 cup finely chopped shallots
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1 tbsp instant chicken bouillon
- 10 black peppercorns, crushed
- 1/4 tsp dried rosemary leaves, crushed
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 lb bacon, diced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp currant jelly
- 1 small bay leaf
- 1/8 tsp dried thyme leaves
- 3 tbsp water
- Sprinkle goat with salt. Coat with 1/3 cup flour, shake off excess.
- Fry bacon in Dutch oven over medium heat until crisp, remove bacon and drain on paper towels.
- Brown a few pieces of goat in hot bacon fat, remove browned pieces. Repeat with remaining goat. Remove all but 2 tablespoons fat.
- Cook and stir shallots and garlic in hot fat in Dutch oven until shallots are tender, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in wine, 1 cup water and the instant bouillon. Heat to boiling. Stir in jelly, peppercorns, bay leaf, rosemary and thyme.
- Return kid and bacon to Dutch oven. Heat to boiling, reduce heat. Cover and simmer until rabbit is tender, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Remove bay leaf and discard.
- Place kid on warm platter, keep warm while preparing gravy.
- Stir lemon juice into liquid in Dutch oven. Shake 3 tablespoons water and 2 tablespoons flour in covered jar. Stir flour 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves in cheesecloth bag.