Needed Articles on Law
- Gay Rights
- First Amendment
- Kitzmiller v. Dover Area School District
- Executive power and the War on Terror
- International Law - extraterritoriality and stuff.
Now that we use "fork" instead of disamb... here, should this be renamed "law (fork)" or even just "law"? Um, no one will ever link to the current title, so it's useless. However, people might link to "law" meaning several different things... Eh, ok, "law" redirects here. I think we shoudl put this stuff there and vaporize this title. Thoughts? human 19:14, 18 October 2007 (EDT)
Should just be called 'Law' shoorly? That's wot 'tis for so people will type it in & be given the opportunity to pick. Links to 'Law' dhould be altered to give the approprate forked page.
(Dunno what it's for but Special:Disambiguations exists.) Susantalk to me 19:30, 18 October 2007 (EDT)
- It seems to be a list of pages using te 'Disambig' template. Susantalk to me 20:18, 18 October 2007 (EDT)
- I added the "fork" template to it so it works for us, nice find, btw. I'll be moving this to "law" as soon as I get a round tuit... human 21:27, 23 October 2007 (EDT)
Definition in disambugation?
Cause i stick a basic definition like "A law is a set of codified rules in a group, community or society" before the disambugation? I've seen it on wikip, but not sure if it's how "it's done" here at RW, per our "laws and mores". (wow, do i need to go home and do something that involved lots of alcohol).--En attendant Godot 17:45, 8 July 2011 (UTC)
dictionary.com - –noun
1. the principles and regulations established in a community by some authority and applicable to its people, whether in the form of legislation or of custom and policies recognized and enforced by judicial decision.
2. any written or positive rule or collection of rules prescribed under the authority of the state or nation, as by the people in its constitution. Compare bylaw, statute law.
3. the controlling influence of such rules; the condition of society brought about by their observance: maintaining law and order.