Hello! I’m Pythoncoder. I have a much better page on Wikipedia. I also have more userboxes there.
Around here I mostly fight vandalism and do (mostly file-related) maintenance.
I do not edit Conservapedia, constructively or otherwise (see WP:DENY for why).
Advantages of RationalWiki over Wikipedia
- Sometimes snark is the best way to deal with pseudoscience
- No RfA
- More goat
- The "cults" category
- The chicken coop isn't nicknamed "the drama board" the way WP:ANI is
- No draconian licensing requirements or max image size for non-free images
- Less bureaucracy
Advantages of Wikipedia over RationalWiki
- IAR, BLP, NPA, 3RR, and NPOV (sometimes)
- Control over your own talk page
- Some of the stuff in RW's cults category aren't cults
- Historicity of Jesus vs Historicity of Jesus
- Less groupthink (I didn't say no groupthink...)
- More active users and stuff to do
- More neutral
- More userboxen
- The Signpost
Advantages of neither
- Confusing naming for advanced ranks: Wikipedia goes admin/sysop then bureaucrat, RationalWiki goes sysop then mod?! Anyone who's ever been on any internet forum knows the way you do this stuff is moderator then admin, and this makes sense for both wikis as well because the jobs are roughly the same as forum ones. A lot less confusing.</rant>