| I fought the law|
and the law won
The International Tribunal into Crimes of Church and State (or ITCCS) is a one-man blog that pretends to be a tribunal established to enforce common law. Despite claims of being based in Brussels, the whole thing is written in Canada by Kevin D. Annett, a defrocked United Church of Canada minister.
The ITCCS came to some notice in the social media sphere in February 2013, when Annett issued a claim that Pope Benedict XVI resigned for fear of arrest on an ITCCS warrant and the hard-of-thinking forwarded it around as if this actually made sense. The website did look fairly professional at the time, although it has since decayed heavily. If nothing else, it nicely illustrates how the Timecube Law and Haig's Law can go hand in hand.
 What Annett does
At the heart of the "organization" is something Annett calls the International Common Law Court of Justice (ICLCJ), which is rather similar to those "common law courts" sometimes set up by freemen-on-the-land, right down to the "citizen jurors". This court exists only on Annett's blog.
With the ITCCS, Annett attempts to mimic genuine international organisations, and is actually good enough at this to have fooled a few normal people (and a lot of raving conspiracy-prone nutters) into thinking there's anything at all to this. He produces very nicely-formatted, official-looking documents and everything. However, an examination of the blog's actual content will quickly reveal that in legal terms, it's not even wrong even by pseudolaw standards. Annett has "convicted" two consecutive Popes of genocide and child trafficking, issuing "international arrest warrants" for them. He has also issued a proclamation dissolving Canada, which he has replaced with the Republic of Kanata. He also dissolved Great Britain, though that one was only on Twitter.
He is a fan of the freeman on the land movement. This has become more prominent in recent months, and the website now sports a prominent link to a so-called "Common Law Community Training Manual", which is basically a Sovereign citizen FAQ. They also have a collection of "Common Law Court Documents", in case you were looking for a pseudolaw starter kit.
Finally, it should be noted that most genuine international legal bodies are not "Proudly powered by WordPress", nor do they ask you to contact them via a Gmail address.
 Native Canadian activism
Before his press releases about arresting Popes, Annett was known for making extensive claims of exposing ritual murder of native children in residential schools. He was active in native activist organisations in Canada — which he had a habit of using to raise money for himself, claiming their support and endorsement until forced to desist. Annett’s explanation for all this is to claim that all official representatives of native Canadians are corrupt and have agreed to keep the deaths of thousands of children secret.
- The ITCCS blog
- The ICLCJ blog
- The Republic of Kanata blog
- What happens when a regular person discovers the ITCCS blog
- Now featured on Snopes!
- ↑ About page
- ↑ http://www.bc.united-church.ca/content/kevin-annett
- ↑ Pope Benedict resigned to avoid arrest, seizure of church wealth by Easter
- ↑ http://www.genuinewitty.com/2012/10/09/a-warning-about-kevin-annett-from-dennis-banks-royce-white-calf/
- ↑ http://www.genuinewitty.com/2012/10/17/mediawatch-rabble-ca-media-co-op-kevin-annetts-continuing-abuse-of-indigenous-communities/
- ↑ ITCCS history page
- ↑ The ICLCJ is supposedly a "a lawful Citizens’ Tribunal of Conscience", whatever that means
- ↑ "International Citizens' Arrest Warrant" for Pope Francis I
- ↑ International Arrest Warrant issued against Pope Francis I, Jorge Mario Bergoglio, for Crimes against Humanity and Child Trafficking, itcss.org, 15 March 2013
- ↑ CANADA IS DISSOLVED, itccs.org, 7 March 2013
- ↑ Category Archives: Republic of Kanata
- ↑ http://www.twitlonger.com/show/l8k3rf
- ↑ http://itccs.org/tag/freeman-on-the-land/
- ↑ http://itccs.org/the-common-law-and-its-courts-a-community-training-manual/
- ↑ ICLCJ documents
- ↑ http://freethoughtblogs.com/almostdiamonds/2011/10/13/evil-enough-already/
- ↑ http://sisis.nativeweb.org/resschool/sep2898coj.html
- ↑ "Unrepentant: Disrobing the Emperor" (by Kevin Annett) on Google Books
- ↑ http://www.whale.to/c/annett_h.html
- ↑ http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread926267/pg1
- ↑ https://stopkevinannett.wordpress.com/category/kevin-annett/