Fun:List of wisdom
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Please feel free to add.
- Having is quite often not so pleasing a thing as wanting.
- If I only knew then what I know now.
- When I was your age they told me the same things that I'm telling you now and I didn't believe them, but they were right.
- Empathy and a smile will get you a long way. Sometimes, just a smile is enough.
- Sometimes, people who believe irrational, even hateful things are still able to be reached.
- There is no such thing as "intelligence". Everyone is resourceful to the degree that they believe in themselves.
- Happiness is knowing the right thing to do. Wisdom is doing it.
- Ideology is never a substitute for empirical testing.
- There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.
- Common sense is nothing more than the distillation of the axioms and prejudices you grew up with.
- Never suppose malice where ignorance will suffice.
- Do a good turn daily.
- No good deed goes unpunished.
- Make it idiot-proof, and they'll just make a better idiot.
- Revenge is a dish best served cold.
- Living well is the best revenge.
- Just because I don't care doesn't mean that I don't understand.
- The trouble with an eye for an eye is that everyone ends up monocular.
- All things are fleeting.
- 'Tis better to give than to receive.
- The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.
- Do unto others as you have them do unto you, unless they prefer otherwise.
- I'm the boss, applesauce. Understand, rubberband?
- To those of us who party high, rock and roll will never die.
- If you feel a burning or itching sensation, consult the local free clinic.
- the line between Comedy and Philosophy is almost transparent, sometimes the funniest thing is the truth, or the mockery of it.
- It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has any data, it causes one to twist facts to fit theories, rather that theories to fit facts
- Punish people by bringing them up to your level, not dragging your self down to theirs
- Take a long hard look at your life and the people you spend it with. If you wouldn't change it, that's happiness.
- If someone's down or something has gone wrong for them, don't think, "I don't know what to do or say." Quite often there's no right thing to say, but sitting there with them can be a world of help.
- If you write about the gods, they are happy; if you write about people, they are angry. (Korean proverb)
- All old people know each other. --Avatar: The Last Airbender
- My karma just ran over your dogma.
- The difference between genius and idiocy is that genius has its limits.
- Get wise with speed! A fool at 40 is a fool indeed.