There is no RationalWiki without you. We are a small non-profit with no staff — we are hundreds of volunteers who document pseudoscience and crankery around the world every day. We will never allow ads because we must remain independent. We cannot rely on big donors with corresponding big agendas. We are not the largest website around, but we believe we play an important role in defending truth and objectivity.
If everyone seeing this today donates $5, we will meet our goal for 2018.
| Fighting pseudoscience isn't free.|
We are 100% user-supported! Help and donate $5, $20 or whatever you can today with !
Fun:Unfortunate website names
These are examples of companies and organizations that should have thought twice before registering their web domain. In many cases, they did not anticipate how two or more words run together in the URL could be read as a different arrangement of words. A few of these sites have now been abandoned, or moved to less ambiguous domain names, but many remain in their original location.
The following are emphasised in CamelCase, just in case you can't see them first time:
- Auctions Hit - www.AuctionShit.com (defunct)
- Big Al's On-line - www.BiGalsOnline.com
- Bill Gothard - www.BillGotHard.com
- But That's Not All - www.ButtHatsNotAll.co.nz
- Cooperativa Enis - www.CooPenis.it
- Fagas Straps - http://www.FagAssTraps.com/
- First Methodist Church of Cumming, Georgia - www.CummingFirst.com
- IP Anywhere - www.IPAnywhere.com
- Mole Station Nursery - www.MolestationNursery.com (defunct)
- New York Canal - www.NYCAnal.com
- Pen Island - PenisLand.net
- Powergen Italia www.PowerGenitalia.com (defunct)
- Speed of Art - www.SpeedoFart.com
- Therapist.com - www.TheRapist.com
- Therapist Finder www.TheRapistFinder.com
- Web One - www.WeBone.com
- Who Represents? - www.WhorePresents.com
- Now redirects to www.dicksondata.com
- Now at www.experts-exchange.com
- Now redirects to www.ferrethjobs.com. "Is your business in the right hands?"
- Now redirects to www.gotahoenorth.com
- Possibly this company name was chosen deliberately for its double entendre value. You can even buy Mammoth Erection T-shirts and baseball caps. Nevertheless, the name hasn't prevented the company from being hired by many churches.
- Now at www.molerivernursery.com
- The company has renamed to www.learn.com. For an example of the original logo, see here