There is no RationalWiki without you. We are a small non-profit with no staff – we are hundreds of volunteers who document pseudoscience and crankery around the world every day. We will never allow ads because we must remain independent. We cannot rely on big donors with corresponding big agendas. We are not the largest website around, but we believe we play an important role in defending truth and objectivity.
If everyone who saw this today donated $5, we would meet our goal for 2019.
| Fighting pseudoscience isn't free.|
We are 100% user-supported! Help and donate $5, $20 or whatever you can today with !
Teflpedia is "a wiki dedicated to everything associated with teaching English as a foreign language or second language."
Host to RationalWiki
It is owned by RationalWikian Bob M. Being a veteran member of RationalWiki, Bob turned over the English-teaching encyclopædia to the mob for use during the 2009 August-September server crash. It subsequently became the most popular destination for RationalWikians during the crash, for which several reasons have been speculated:
- It was fully owned by "one of the gang" who would not object.
- It had no pre-conceived stance in respect of the issues in which RW is interested.
- It was simply the first place people went when they had an offer.
- The wiki is not highly active anyway, and in the summer it was even more quiet.
- The website is wiki-based, and attracted the wiki-comfy users.
- Everyone loves Bob.
The current logo - a mortarboard with "teflpedia" spelled out in phonetic symbols underneath - was created during the RationalWikians stay at Teflpedia with the help of some of the more technology-savvy RationalWikians. This and the associated favicon are now almost all that remains of the visit - the rest having being cleaned out over subsequent weeks.
It has nothing to do with frying pans.
- As it says on the wiki itself.