Recipe:Goat Stuffed with Morel Mushrooms in Tarragon Sauce
For this authentic regional recipe, you can use all Michigan ingredients!
- 4 goat loin pieces, about 1/2 lb each
- 1 lb fresh morel mushrooms
- 1 cup cream
- goat stock
- fresh tarragon
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- Sautee morels in about 1/2 stick of butter. Season with salt and pepper. Add breadcrumbs and coat thoroughly. Set aside.
- Butterfly the loins and season inside and out with salt and pepper. Dredge in flour lightly, and brown in pan. Remove and set aside.
- Place about 1/3 cup of stuffing inside each loin along with one small sprig of rosemary
- Return to pan
- Bake in 400 degree oven until medium rare (about 10 minutes)
- Remove meat from pan, and set aside. Deglaze pan with goat stock.
- Add cream and about a TBSP of chopped fresh tarragon and reduce by about half.
- Add meat to sauce to warm.
Serve with rice or lentils.