Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is similar to Shepherds Pie, but much lovelier.
- Pie Crust
- Mashed potatoes, the usual preparation
- Goat, cut into stew chunks
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 Tbsp rendered goat lard
- fresh thyme
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup goat stock
- Sautee vegetables and floured meat in lard
- Add herbs and stock, reduce until thick
- Place stew in pie crust, and cover in mashed potatoes.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes or until potatoes are brown
Best with a dark ale.