There is no RationalWiki without you. We are a small non-profit with no staff – we are hundreds of volunteers who document pseudoscience and crankery around the world every day. We will never allow ads because we must remain independent. We cannot rely on big donors with corresponding big agendas. We are not the largest website around, but we believe we play an important role in defending truth and objectivity.
If everyone who saw this today donated $5, we would meet our goal for 2019.
| Fighting pseudoscience isn't free.|
We are 100% user-supported! Help and donate $5, $20 or whatever you can today with !
Remus Cernea (Romanian pronunciation: /'remus 't͡ʃernæ/) is a Romanian politician, activist, agnostic, and advocate for the separation of church and state. For instance, in 2004, the government of Romania planned the demolition of a park in order to make way for a Romanian Orthodox church, and Cernea launched a successful campaign to oppose the demolition. He ran for president of Romania in 2009 as a candidate of the Green Party. Some Green Party members later claimed he would "lead the Green Party under Satanist principles" and "turn the party into a homosexual one", so he left it some time afterwards and started his own party, the Green Movement. He ran for deputy of a district (though not as a Green Movement candidate) and won with 57,23% of the votes. In the Romanian Parliament, Cernea chose to swear on the Constitution rather than (as is usual) the Bible.
- His website (In Romanian)
- Sărbătorim 5 Ani de la Salvarea Parcului Carol! Nov 13th, 2009.
- Remus Cernea şi-a lansat candidatura la Preşedinţie, Mediafax.ro.
- De ce am demisionat din Partidul Verde, Remus Cernea, Sep 24th, 2010.
- Verzii s-au lepadat de Remus Cernea pentru ca este pro-gay si pro-satanism, 14 November 2010.
- Cine sunt cei mai votaţi politicieni, Romania Libera, 12 December 2012.
- Deputatul Remus Cernea NU a vrut să JURE pe Biblie în Parlament, Romania Libera, 20 December 2012.