Please sign (the 4 ~s) if you make any edits to this page, and I will review them when I can.
- Although I am a Christian, I believe in the value of skepticism and reason.
- I identify a little with Fideism, but also with the Catholic Church's opposition to the position.
- I believe that God is a very personal topic, and that arguments for the non/existence of God are best left (by me) for in depth dialogues - the likes of which I simply don't have time to undergo with more than 1 person at a time (I'm currently engaged with someone through Youtube messages).
- I understand this community's general distaste for all things religious, and so I will endeavour to respect that position. I will never outright delete/alter something just because I disagree with it, but rather discuss it on the talk page. If I alter an article, it will be in the spirit of rational thought.
- I would like to see a day when all irrational persons can read these articles and whether they keep believing in a God or not, at least have a more rational understanding of reality.
- My faith is deeply felt, the kernel of which is impervious - nevertheless, my rational understanding of the universe is not to be compromised. I have since used the site's resources for many uses, and am greatly appreciative of the work done in this community.
- Please don't denounce me as a heretic to any "Christian" organizations, as I am not yet well known and respected in my community enough to sufficiently defend my positions. ;)
- I believe in the currently accepted scientific model of the universe (whatever that may be, as it is updated based on newly available data).
- I believe that all people have the freedom to develop their own understanding of the universe. If a person has a stupid belief, that is their right, but I will try to convince them of the truth nevertheless, at least until I am certain they do not want to learn.
- I believe that the scientific method - though never lending itself to full knowledge - tends to improve the accuracy of all knowledge. Also the scientific method is the most reliable framework for researching and understanding what happens in our universe
- I believe in respecting the right of all persons to have and develop their perspectives, and I expect the same respect to be returned. If a person refuses to respect that right, either in me or in another, then regardless of perspective, that person has proven that they are currently unworthy of engagement and dialogue beyond admonishment.
- I believe in the equality of all persons, and that a person should not be discriminated against especially on such basis as age, race, creed, color, sex, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, familial status, or socioeconomic status.
Scord (talk) 16:27, 9 September 2013 (UTC)