User talk:Sid/CP Archive 2
This is where you say stuff, yo.
Userpage banter by Ed
Sid is back, after discussion with Ed Poor.
Be a team player, get 2 points for each properly justified block! (But judges will take off points for improper blocks, so play nice!!)
"Oh, we tease him a lot, 'cause we've got him on the spot/Welcome back"
- Welcome back, Sid. RobS 19:28, 11 July 2007 (EDT)
- Also, thanks to everybody who contributed in some way to me being unbanned! :) --Sid 3050 15:23, 12 July 2007 (EDT)
- Might be more encouraging if your user page wasn't the same old stuff, but then there weren't any expectations it or you would have changed....--Sysop-TK /MyTalk 20:13, 12 July 2007 (EDT)
- Don't tell me you expected me to put up some sort of "CP rules!" banner ;)
- However, it's mostly a placeholder (both here and on RW) since most of the "essays" and tidbits are sorta outdated and should be replaced (or at least moved a bit away from the main focus) by newer stuff. Problem is that time is not on my side (exam in a couple of weeks, plus other stuff between now and then) right now, so this will have to do.
- And hey, it would be totally boring if I actually changed :P --Sid 3050 20:17, 12 July 2007 (EDT)
- Well, if you check the guidelines, Sid, I think you will find your page in violation of our community standards, and might be viewed as making fun of, or attacking another user, and Admins are certainly users. --Sysop-TK /MyTalk 20:23, 12 July 2007 (EDT)
- Finally, the "nightly" lockdown is over! And please point me to the standard, it's been a while for me. Also, which part of my page violates it? --Sid 3050 09:19, 13 July 2007 (EDT)
- Sid, you hunt down the CP Guidelines. Your user page is nothing but an attack on our rules and methods. Communicate all you want, privately, with Ed Poor, but since he hasn't posted here with a problem with your page, that might be counter-productive. If you truly are sincere in wanting a second chance, you will let go of your history of blockages, snide comments, etc. And be informed your user/talk castle does not pass to ancillary pages, under those names. --Sysop-TK /MyTalk 13:17, 13 July 2007 (EDT)
Just to forestall any friction with that ultra-strict bastion of respectability, Terry "the K", I have rolled back your user page, Sid. Please bear with us: it's not easy for us on the right to be tolerant and to avoid cp:extremism. Please check all that apply:
- What part of no don't you understand?
- Talk to the hand
- It's hard to be humble when you this good!
- Ed, I could have done that, but it is not proper for one of us to dictate what a user has on his page, unless they truly have a contrite heart, and want to change, no? Accordingly I have reverted his page to be as he wanted it to be, making his statements, via email, of wanting to change and be cooperative, help improve CP a lie. Let him stand alone on his actions, eh? --Sysop-TK /MyTalk 13:28, 13 July 2007 (EDT)
- Ed, TK, totally not amused. So two sysops couldn't be arsed to link to the guideline or to point out which part of my considerably large userpage violated that unspecified (and apparently relatively new) rule?
- Instead, you lock my page and then start a Revert Orgy on it.
- Congrats, guys, you really outdid yourselves this time. The entry on RW's "Best of CP" article is already online - sometimes, these things practically write themselves! (Like you said, Ed: "Grins and giggles")
- Any chance of me actually being allowed to edit my "castle" (AHAHAHA WHAT A JOKE!) again anytime soon? --Sid 3050 14:02, 13 July 2007 (EDT)
Yes, "...meant to imply..." is correct. Philip J. Rayment 07:14, 13 July 2007 (EDT)
- Ah, okay, gotcha. :) --Sid 3050 09:23, 13 July 2007 (EDT)
Sid, I admire your vigilance on information destruction. Please alert me if you encounter anything to be concerned about. Thanks. RobS 13:45, 13 July 2007 (EDT)
- I'm not 100% certain what exactly caused you to make the comment, but sure thing, glad I could help... :) --Sid 3050 13:56, 13 July 2007 (EDT)