Competitive Enterprise Institute
|A dirty dozen gems about|
|Not just a river in Egypt|
It was founded by lobbyist Fred Smith, and has been funded by a laundry list of bogeymen, such as Koch Industries, the Scaife Foundations, Exxon, Philip Morris, etc. Like any of the Beltway think tanks that spews vulgar libertarianism, they take quite a consistent line against any government regulation of their financial backers.
CEI is a major proponent of global warming denial, second-hand smoke denial, and denial of any science establishing that industrial activity can cause environmental damage. One of their adjuncts is the noted denialist shyster, Steve Milloy.
 Cooler Heads Coalition
They put together something called the "Cooler Heads Coalition," which is basically a committee that takes the output of the bullshit factory that comprises various denialist think tanks and funnels it into a single propaganda outlet (their website) and hypes denialist petitions.
They run an astroturf organization called Bureaucrash, which organizes libertarian "activists." Its communications director Lee Doren has a YouTube channel "HowTheWorldWorks," peddling laissez-faire talking points on the economy and environmental denialism.
 Africa Fighting Malaria
 See also
- Roger Bate, founder of AFM
- S. Fred Singer, occasionally shills for them
- Cooler Heads members: Americans for Tax Reform, FreedomWorks, George C. Marshall Institute, Heritage Foundation
- CEI site, Bureaucrash (Get some sweet Bureaucrash swag. Yay capitalism! What's your anti-gov?), Cooler Heads Coalition, Africa Fighting Malaria
- Sourcewatch entry, Bureaucrash entry, Cooler Heads Coalition entry, Africa Fighting Malaria entry
- Their tax returns (2007)
- Deep Climate's category
- Bug Girl: An Odd E-mail Campaign by Africa Fighting Malaria
- FactCheck: Scientist to CEI: "You used my research to confuse and mislead"
- Island of Doubt: CEI is still at it -- fighting reason
- Deltoid: Completely Evil Institute, CO2: We call it life, Al Gore: We call him fat, Rachel Carson smears, Rachel Carson telephone game, Africa Not Fighting Malaria, Africa Fighting Malaria's "Wedge Document"