|You gotta spin it to win it|
|Stop the presses!|
|We want pictures|
“”He who dies with the most toys wins.
Forbes is a biweekly publication founded in 1917. It has the hilarious motto "The Capitalist Tool." The magazine publishes long lists of people richer than you and things you cannot afford. These days, it has also become a terrible website that should largely be ignored.
 "Most Powerful"
In recent years, Forbes has decided to destroy its brand by hosting non-editorially reviewed blogs. One of these is White Coat Underground, most are OK for random blogs by any bozo, many are comically awful (Heartland Institute shills,, other random industry shills, Bitcoin scammers, Austrian schoolers, nanotechnology advocates).
The site does a roaring trade in op-eds ghostwritten for corporations. Amy Westervelt, an ex-Forbes journalist, describes how it works:
|... $50 a post, which doesn’t really allow for the sort of reporting time required to write a decent story—the click-bait incentives (a $500 bonus if you hit 30,000 uniques, plus a penny more for each unique after that), and the fact that the site had been all but taken over by CEO “thought leaders” and industry shills. But wait, that’s not the punchline. It’s this: Over the past year, I’ve contributed a half dozen more stories to Forbes.com. Not under my own name, but as a ghost writer for a couple different CEOs. For that work I was paid—no exaggeration— TEN times what Forbes ever paid me to write for its site, but Forbes paid nothing for those pieces.|
Any page whose address starts with forbes.com/sites/ is just some random bozo with a blog, even if they try to make out that writing for a Forbes blog makes them more reliable than writing for Examiner.com. If someone references a claim to "Forbes," look more closely. If their bio does not say they are actually a Forbes staffer, or that the article is also in the print Forbes, it should not be credited to "Forbes".
 Good Forbes blogs
- Peter Lipson, a.k.a. User:PalMD — science and medicine.
- Peter J. Reilly — tax issues. Has covered Kent Hovind's legal troubles extensively.
 See also
- ↑ Power! Unlimited POWEEAAAAAH!!
- ↑ "This is the third year in a row Mr Putin has taken out the top spot, and this year's results mean Mr Obama is the first sitting US president to slide out of the top two power rankings", ABC.
- ↑ Heartland fellows write their columns.
- ↑ Forbes may be the most prolific peddler of Bitcoin in the mainstream media.
- ↑ https://blog.growth.supply/content-used-to-be-king-now-its-the-joker-d40703c18c73
- ↑ This has, however, resulted in Forbes publishing pretty high-caliber video game criticism and analysis from, for example, scientific and feminist perspectives -- so much so that said critiques are among the first results when Googling analyses. (Stopped clock strikes again.)