“”Google policy is to get right up to the creepy line but not cross it.
|—Eric Schmidt, CEO|
“”Porn is to humans as your data is to Google.
Google is a multinational public corporation based in Mountain View, California. They are primarily known for their search engine. Google has been widely criticized for cooperating with China's authoritarian regime by blocking certain sites from searches conducted in that country, though have since suspended all cooperation with the Chinese government and subsequently suspended all operations there. They also own YouTube and crapped all over it.
Google has been duplicitous with regard to climate change:… "Google employees and the company's political action committee give $699,195 since 2008 to members of the 'climate denier caucus'", while at the same time publicly opposing climate change denial — expect to see contradictions like this a lot.
 Google is a creep
Google is widely known to track user behavior online, mostly for targeted advertising purposes. Google scans their users' emails, search history, browser history and other online sources to form an impression of each users preferences, basic demographic interests, and interests to make targeted advertisements. Though this may sound a little creepy, this is hardly the worst that can be said about Google's privacy. Despite information of Google being a fucking creep publicly available, people are simply ignorant of just how creepy Google can be and still use its services.
 Examples of Google being
creepy your best friend 😀
Despite Google having the motto "Don't be evil" in the past, it has accomplished the exact opposite. Google likes to play "goody two-shoes", but it is evident from previous scandals that it really isn't, so the motto "Don't be evil" was eventually dropped.
- In one notable situation, ex-Google employee allegedly spied on minors' mail, chats, voice calls, etc. — presumably with one hand — twice![Note 1][Note 2] Google denies that spying occurred yet fires the employees for breaking internal privacy policies[Note 3] — it makes as much sense as it sounds.
- Remember how we said Google collects your data? Well Google owns Google the search engine, YouTube, and Google+ and created android phones, Google glass, and Chromebooks giving it multiple platforms to spy on users and use that data
to get moneyfor personal advertisements.
- Google admitted that their street-view cars collected Wi-Fi network data for three years. It was dismissed as a bug because who knew that a bug could result in an entire new feature being implemented. Lawyers didn't buy that and filed lawsuits, however, Google claimed that they did nothing wrong because it's "lawful to use packet-sniffing tools readily available on the internet". Was it a bug or did you download packet-sniffing tools? We're trying to follow you here, Google!
- Google can recognize if there's a face in your contact photo and will ask you to have your face in it if it's not present.
- Google has the feature to track your every location and stores all of your searches, and contact information — and of course, Google has all these enabled by default juuuuust for you.
- In 2013, Margaret Hodge MP accused Google of agressive tax avoidance.
 Google is not unique
The unfortunate thing is that Google is not a loner in being a stalker. Companies that provide free services must monetizes on user's data to actually make a profit. Google is just one of the many companies — like FaceBook — that does this.
- ↑ According to the suit, Google regularly opens up, reads, and mines the content in emails to serve up ads it considers relevant to the parties involved. If this is done anonymously, perhaps one could argue "no harm, no foul." What is "creepy," however, is that Google employees could access this private information. If they do, it is impossible to know what they might do with it.
- ↑ Although in this previous case, no minors were involved.
- ↑ Because even Google has standards apparently
- ↑ Google's CEO: 'The Laws Are Written by Lobbyists'. Eric Schmidt on the power of lobbyists, a Google "implant", and how China resembles a big business by Derek Thompson (Oct 1, 2010). The Atlantic.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 https://techcrunch.com/2010/09/14/google-engineer-spying-fired/
- ↑ Despite recent split from conservative group, Google’s connections to climate change denial runs deep by Joe Garofoli & David R. Baker (September 25, 2014; Updated: September 27, 2014 9:12pm) San Francisco Chronicle.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 http://www.businessinsider.com/if-google-crossed-the-creepy-line-how-should-it-repair-the-damage-to-its-image-2013-8?op=1
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 https://www.wired.com/2010/09/google-spy/
- ↑ See the Wikipedia article on Don't be evil.
- ↑ https://www.wired.com/2010/08/google-spy-lawsuits/
- ↑ http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2015/07/26/google-incs-tracking-is-getting-creepy.aspx
- ↑ https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2013/may/16/google-told-by-mp-you-do-do-evil
- ↑ Aggressive tax avoidance