Neil deGrasse Tyson
Neil deGrasse Tyson is an astrophysicist and a vocal public champion of science. He survived public schools before going on to earn a BA in physics from Harvard and a PhD in astrophysics from Columbia. Tyson was instrumental in downgrading Pluto to dwarf planet status.
 On television
Tyson is currently the host of the show NOVA scienceNOW on PBS, which discusses recent topics in science. He is scheduled to host a sequel to Carl Sagan's Cosmos: A Personal Voyage, which will broadcast in 2013.
However, he still professes methodological materialism as necessary to scientific advancement:
“”The day you stop looking because you’re content God did it, I don’t need you in the lab. You’re useless on the frontier of understanding the nature of the world.
|—Responding to a rather famous mouthspewing from Bill O'Reilly.|
 Watch out guys, we're dealing with a badass over here!
He is also all over the utubez. We will leave it up to you to copy and paste his name there.
 See also
- Neil deGrasse Tyson's homepage
- Tyson on stupid design
- Tyson opens up a Saturn V replica
- The Most Astounding Fact
- ↑ About Neil deGrasse Tyson. Hayden Planetarium.
- ↑ "About the Series Host." NOVA ScienceNOW. PBS.
- ↑ Matt Blum. "Cosmos Will Get a Sequel Hosted by Neil deGrasse Tyson." GeekDad. Wired. 2011 August 5.
- ↑ Including all of us here for over a year.
- ↑ Big Think. "Neil deGrasse Tyson: Atheist or Agnostic?" YouTube. 2012 April 25.
- ↑ 
- ↑ "Neil deGrasse Tyson Reaction." Know Your Meme.