Help us beat last year's record of $7100!
Awesome! We are half way to our goal!
|Goal: $7,200||Donations so far: $6687.20|
We are 100% user-supported! Help and donate today!
|Is it news?|
|The Latest News|
“”In Pravda there is no news, in Izvestia there is no truth.
|—Soviet-era Russian political joke|
Pravda.ru is a Russian online tabloid not ashamed to feature woo, denialism, and various conspiracy theories. It also covers "normal" news, but often with a heavy Russian nationalist slant. Pravda means "truth" in Russian, something you probably won't get by surfing on it. Pravda.ru is not to be confused with Pravda, the former Soviet Communist newspaper, which is currently a Russian-language newspaper owned by the Communist Party of Russian Federation. The name (and a few former collaborators, apparently) is the sole link with that newspaper.
The site is available in Russian, English, Italian, and Portuguese.
Not to be confused with Ukrainian newsite: http://www.pravda.com.ua/
Here are some examples of "news" you could find on this site:
- The Moon landings are a hoax.
- Global warming is a hoax.
- HIV is a hoax.
- Evolution is a hoax.
- Russia created two HIV vaccines in 2004, and one more in 2006 from genetically modified tomatoes.
- An alien base was filmed on the Moon.
- Support for Russian scientists who claim that the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) is actually a time machine.
- That the FBI and CIA are fighting over access to a parallel world which allows time travel and therefore modification of our world.
- America is ready to attack Russia.
- Nostradamus foresaw World War III in 2010.
- Atlantis was discovered under Antarctica.
- Human and alien skulls were discovered on Mars.
- Fishermen caught and ate an alien.
- A young boy called Boris Kipriyanovich is an indigo child and the reincarnation of a Martian.
- America corrupts everything it touches.
Unlike the now-defunct Weekly World News, this is not a satirical website, as incredible it could be. At least the producers are unaware that this is satirical.
Pravda.ru also had a forum, which was what one could expect of the forum of such a site (for reference, see Above Top Secret or Godlike Productions). Somewhere around May 2012, the forums went down, allegedly due to a hacking attack ("they hate our free speech!"), and as of September 2013, they still haven't been restored.
- ↑ Pravda (Truth) was the official "organ" of the Communist Party between 1912 and 1991. Izvestia (News) was the official organ of the Soviet government. The joke in Russian is В "Правде" нет известий, в "Известиях" нет правды.
- ↑ Timofei Belov. AIDS: 21st century’s biggest fraud. English pravda.ru. 2012 May 16.
- ↑ Babu G. Ranganathan. Giant squid basketball eyes did not evolve. English pravda.ru. 2012 March 19.
- ↑ Babu G. Ranganathan. Science and a young Earth. English pravda.ru. 2012 November 26.
- ↑ Russian scientists create two anti-HIV vaccines. English pravda.ru. 2004 June 16.
- ↑ Alexander Timoshik. Russian scientists develop anti-AIDS vaccine from genetically modified tomatoes. English pravda.ru. 2006 June 30.
- ↑ Aliens forced Americans out from the Moon. English pravda.ru. 2007 October 3.
- ↑ Time Machine Built in Europe, Russian Scientists Say. English pravda.ru. 2010 August 6.
- ↑ Olga Zharina. Time Can be Turned Back. English pravda.ru. 2004 March 1.
- ↑ Margarita Troitsina. Nostradamus Predicted World War III for 2010. English pravda.ru. 2009 October 12.
- ↑ Alien and human skulls found on Mars. English pravda.ru. 2009 June 8.
- ↑ Russian fishermen catch squeaking alien and eat it. English pravda.ru. 2007 February 7.
- ↑ Boriska, boy from Mars, says that all humans live eternally. English pravda.ru. 2008 May 3.
- ↑ Inna Novikova. America is a form of concentrated human tragedy. English pravda.ru. 2012 November 23.
- ↑ Inna Novikova. How the American matrix destroys every culture. English pravda.ru. 2012 November 26.
- ↑ ANNOUNCEMENT: Situation with Pravda Forum. Political Forum.com 2012 May 11.
- ↑ http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2013/09/19/mccain-publishes-opinion-piece-in-pravda-but-not-the-one-he-wanted/