RationalWiki talk:What is going on in the clogosphere?
Archives for this talk page: <1>, <2>, <3>, <4>, <5>, <6>, <7>, <8>, <9>, <10>, <11>, <12>
 On Christians and "Hitler 2"
http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2016/3/7/11174064/do-christians-really-favor-trump He doesn't have the sort of support some think he does apparently.
 WSJ on CERN
Tagline for the link is terribly misleading. The article addresses how CERN is often a focal point for weirdos and their crankery, but in no way endorses any of it. B4Xiphos (talk) 09:35, 8 April 2016 (UTC)
 John Stossel
I really don't know why he's complaining. In the thriving free market of cells within his libertarian body, nimble cancer has outcompeted the sluggish and inept cells of his lungs. The invisible hand dictates that he become a nest of tumorous growths. Radioactive Misanthrope 19:57, 2 May 2016 (UTC)
- -1 That's not funny.--Kugelschreiber (talk) (mail) (block) 20:01, 2 May 2016 (UTC) 20:01, 2 May 2016 (UTC)
- [EC] Not really too surprising. He thinks that everything he hates is one ideology, and everything that is good/dear is another, no matter what they actually are or why it's happening. (addendum) It really isn't funny because people like him get heard by people who make decisions, then make the wrong one, so it only gets worse. Look at Sam Brownback. -EmeraldCityWanderer (talk) 20:03, 2 May 2016 (UTC)
- I thought he died years ago going 200kph down the Japanese freeway. Who knew he was just a boring news guy. Hentropy (talk) 20:48, 2 May 2016 (UTC)
 Who's Been Putting Garbage in the WIGOs?
I just pulled two of the crankiest stories from WIGO News and WIGO Blogs and put them into the Clog section. I do not suspect they were from the same person, but what the hell? The one yanked from clogs was even about some weird end-times bullshit. BORT (talk) 04:02, 9 May 2016 (UTC)
- I posted the Telegraph link because I thought it was interesting but I didn't realize it had anything to do with UKIP.--Owlman (talk) (mail) 04:05, 9 May 2016 (UTC) 04:05, 9 May 2016 (UTC)
- It doesn't. It's implicitly leaning towards a pro-Brexit PoV, but what it says about the shortcomings of the claim system for agricultural subsidies appears to be valid. I certainly wouldn't call it "full-on, pants-on-head UKIP". As for the Sang Rael thing, it was a drive-by post by a B0N and looks like a standard green ink apocalyptic site. WéáśéĺóíďMethinks it is a Weasel 08:22, 9 May 2016 (UTC)
- I think we had another DBP with some weeping statue crap, which I relocated. My apologies to Owlman; it's not Kipper stuff, but it is Brexit stuff. BORT (talk) 03:29, 11 May 2016 (UTC)
 Mike Adams
Wow. I just. Wow. What.
For a while, I thought Mike was just in it for the ad revenue and selling supplements and prepper gear to his reader base. But this is... just off the wall. ℕoir LeSable (talk) 18:59, 9 May 2016 (UTC)
- He has a very marketable psychosis, and his followers likely have few places to turn for these far beyond pale of crazy beliefs, so he'll get money for being himself till it's unpopular IMHO. -EmeraldCityWanderer (talk) 19:09, 9 May 2016 (UTC)
 He's onto me
My plan to drain all the power from the sun has been foiled. How did he know about the hidden flux pull-up inducers attached to each solar panel? I carefully hid each and every one as a regular old polycrystaline elements. Curse you David Wolfe! ikanreed You probably didn't deserve that 13:59, 10 May 2016 (UTC)
 Blaze Marriage Article
I don't really agree with the article that much, but I'm not sure how it's transphobic. The only relevant line I can find is "It’s crazy. And I mean really crazy, especially now that we’ve started removing body parts in order to ensure that kids don’t spoil our chances of climbing into the next tax bracket." but I think it's fairly obvious from the context that the author is talking about egg preservation, not transfolk. It's still kind of a dumb thing to say, as well as a dumb article in general, but not sure if it's clog worthy. Hentropy (talk) 06:29, 17 May 2016 (UTC)
- Wow, I didn't even realize the egg preservation thing. My bad. I was really pissed off when I posted and thought the content was chuckle worthy. Feel free to take it down.