Essay:Duce's political and policy views
- 1 Agriculture
- 2 Civil liberties
- 3 Criminal justice
- 4 Education
- 5 Environment
- 6 Elections
- 7 Foreign relations
- 8 Foreign affairs
- 9 Government
- 10 Guns
- 11 Health
- 12 Immigration
- 13 Infrastructure
- 14 Military
- 15 Social issues
- 16 Taxation
- 17 Trade
- 18 Welfare
- End the ethanol fuel mandate.
- GMOs are good.
- Support local farms over factory mega-farms.
- Bust agribusiness giants.
- End the global gag rule.
- Ban abortion after the third trimester unless critically necessary; it's not like third trimester abortions even really happen anyways.
- Increase funding to Planned Parenthood.
- Allow private health plans to cover abortion and contraceptives nationwide.
- End the Hyde Amendment.
- "Personhood" measures are ridiculous.
- End unwarranted domestic surveillance.
- Abolish the NSA.
- Gut the bloated and ineffective TSA; implement modified Israel-style security plans instead.
- Do not require tech companies to create "backdoors" into their products.
- Do not allow cops to search phones or computers without a warrant.
- Do not allow cops to use thermal imaging without a warrant.
- Pardon Snowden and other idealistic whistleblowers.
- Legalize prostitution.
- Allow voluntary euthanasia for the terminally ill.
- Allow state contractors to boycott whomever they like.
- Mandate increased de-escalation training for all police departments.
- Remove military equipment from police departments.
- Establish methods of communication with community members; especially religious figures.
- Use special prosecutors in police misconduct investigations.
- Improve the collection of data on police killings.
- Place heinous and dangerous offenders in harsh supermax facilities like the ADX Florence.
- Establish civilian review boards for all police departments.
- Ban stop-and-frisk.
- Ban racial profiling.
- Ban no-knock raids.
- End cash bail.
- End mandatory minimums.
- End non-unanimous jury convictions nationwide.
- End private prisons; transfer all prisoners to federal facilities once new ones are built to accommodate them.
- Build more prisons to end overcrowding. Refurbish existing prisons to ensure humane living standards.
- Ban the practice of making prisoners pay for amenities.
- Respect religious rights of prisoners: allow access to religious texts and clergy.
- Decriminalize marijuana for personal use on the federal level.
- Pardon people for nonviolent drug offenses.
- Provide mandatory counseling and addiction services instead of sending people to prison.
- Ban the use of torture against any captured enemy.
- Do not send captured enemies to other countries to circumvent torture bans.
- Mandate that all enemy combatants be treated humanely, regardless of whether they are lawful or unlawful.
- End civil asset forfeiture.
- Decriminalize homelessness.
- Fund universal preschool.
- Stop relying on property taxes to fund public schools.
- Provide tutors for under-performing students.
- Provide free breakfast and lunch for students at all income levels and cancel student lunch debt. End "lunch shaming".
- Move to a 9-to-5 school day to match parents' schedules.
- Pay teachers properly, like at least $50k a year.
- Expand teacher residency programs to give new educators experience teaching under a mentor.
- Every school should have a counselor, nurse, and social worker.
- Provide personal computers for students to use during the school year.
- End standardized testing.
- Increase sex education.
- Stop subsidizing private schools.
- Make sure that evolution, vaccines, and climate science are taught in all schools.
- Decriminalize truancy.
- These courses should be required by the end of high school:
- Personal economics.
- Civics and government.
- Comparative government.
- Tuition-free public colleges and trade schools.
- Cancel student loan debt for people going to public colleges.
- Increase college mentorship programs.
- Institute a carbon tax on businesses.
- Require coal plants to transition to natural gas.
- Fund carbon sequestration.
- Fund ocean trash clean-up efforts.
- Fund the creation of wave-energy-conversion power plants.
- Fund the EPA.
- Always publish climate science data.
- Build more nuclear power plants.
- Fund the creation of wind farms throughout the Midwest.
- Institute automatic voter registration nationwide.
- Election Day should be a federal holiday.
- Have congressional district lines drawn by a nonpartisan entity.
- Abolish the Electoral College; elect presidents with a ranked-choice system.
- Improve elections cybersecurity.
- Offer mail ballots to all voters.
- Offer early in-person voting to all voters in the week prior to Election Day.
- Invalidate state laws that discourage or prevent recounts. Every voter has the right to have their vote counted.
- People who've been a naturalized citizen for, say, 20 years should be eligible for the presidency.
- Citizens naturalized at birth should be unequivocally announced as eligible for the presidency.
- Limit Senators to two terms and Representatives to six terms.
- Focus on soft power. Countries are more likely to listen to their friends and trading partners. No war or threats needed.
- Increase staffing for the State Department and create diplomatic training programs and scholarships for university students.
- End support for the Saudi War in Yemen.
- In fact, ban the sale of weapons to the Saudis and other egregious human rights abusers.
- Close foreign US military bases except for the ones in East Asia and Eastern Europe. Basically, if the base is not protecting a vulnerable ally, then it should go.
- Negotiate a nice trade deal with the British.
- Normalize relations with Cuba, with the exception of arms sales.
- Increase energy exports to Europe, help European countries get fracking industries jump-started.
- Strengthen US-Indian relations, especially when it comes to economics and countering China.
- Strengthen economic and strategic ties with Vietnam.
- Strengthen strategic ties with Jordan.
- Strengthen economic and strategic ties with Brazil.
- Invest in economic ties with Sri Lanka.
- Strike a peace agreement with the Taliban based on the Colombia-FARC accord, then leave Afghanistan.
- Invest heavily in Mexico's and Central America's economies and infrastructure to help them modernize and reduce poverty.
- Negotiate a new Iran Deal.
- Join the International Criminal Court.
- Provide foreign aid to Central America, particularly in the areas of energy and infrastructure.
- Announce America's consent for limited Japanese rearmament against China.
- Continue opposition to Maduro's criminal government in Venezuela.
- Sanction Burma for its unacceptable persecution of the Rohingya.
- Federally acknowledge the Armenian Genocide as historical fact.
- Let US citizens practice BDS against Israel, as is their right.
- The next Democratic president will have to go on a literal "apology tour" to convince the world that sanity has been restored.
- Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan deserve to remain independent.
- Kosovo should be independent.
- With the things the way they are, it might be for the best if Scotland leaves the UK and Ireland reunifies.
- Focus on building trust and ending violence between Israel and Palestine. Eventual two-state or perhaps Bosnia-style one state solution in the far future.
- Opposed to Brexit.
- Gibraltar and the Falklands should stay British.
- The Kurdish people deserve their own nation-state.
- Grant Kashmir pseudo-independence as a UN-mandated buffer state between India and Pakistan.
- Indonesia should probably dissolve.
- Outer Manchuria is rightful Chinese clay and Russia should give it back.
- Offer statehood and representation to DC, Guam, American Samoa, US Virgin Islands, Northern Mariana Islands, and Puerto Rico.
- Grant all Indigenous Nations a delegate in the House of Representatives.
- Automatically remove legislators who fail to attend more than 50% of votes in a year.
- Implement open government, in which all government documents and proceedings are accessible to the public.
- Ban monetary lobbying
- Bring back the 60-vote rule for Supreme Court Justice confirmations.
- Remove references to God from currency, federal buildings, and the Pledge of Allegiance.
- Abolish the National Day of Prayer.
- Mandate universal background checks for gun purchases.
- Mandate mandatory waiting periods for gun purchases.
- Pass gun-violence restraining order statutes nationwide.
- Prosecute people whose guns are used in mass killings if it's found they did not secure them.
- Ban high-capacity clips for civilians.
- Mandate that all gun sales be registered with the government.
- Mandate that gun owners purchase liability insurance.
- Encourage responsible gun ownership for minority groups like blacks, Latinos, and Muslims.
- Mandate vaccinations, only allow medical exceptions. Vaccines are a public health issue.
- Crack down on the alternative medicine industry.
- Enact Medicare for All.
- Medicaid is good for the economy; expand eligibility.
- Crack down on copyright abuse by pharma corporations.
- Ban prescription drug advertising.
- Mandate that drug companies use a cost-based pricing system instead of manipulating customers.
- Allow the government to negotiate drug prices.
- The government should control pricing for crucial rare drugs.
- Ensure adequate funding of the Children’s Health Insurance Program.
- Expand medical school loan-forgiveness programs.
- Lower barriers to immigration for foreign-trained physicians and allow them to practice.
- Legalize and support telehealth and remote patient monitoring.
- Abolish ICE.
- End family separation policies.
- Support private sponsorship of refugees.
- Incentivize foreign doctors and healthcare professionals to settle in the rural US.
- Establish a pathway to citizenship plan for non-criminal illegals.
- Remove limits on the number or "quality" of immigrants; only bar criminals from entry.
- Fix the highways.
- Fix the inland waterways, dams, and canals.
- Increase incentives for cities to create public transportation systems.
- Build a high-speed rail system to connect the major US cities.
- Fix the electrical infrastructure.
- Build fiber-optic internet cables to provide fiber internet access nationwide.
- Restore net neutrality.
- Create a public internet service provider.
- Build low-income housing.
- Provide incentives on the state and federal levels for communities which allow more residential constructions.
- Raise the enlistment age to 25.
- Drastically cut military spending by reducing ground forces and relying on air and naval forces as deterrents.
- Cut the budget even more in order to force the military to reform its own bloated bureaucracy.
- Arrest all American war criminals and send them to be tried before the International Criminal Court.
- Allow soldiers abroad who misbehave to be tried by said foreign government.
- Never, ever, order the military to conduct an operation unless it has devised a clear and realistic strategy on how to both win and withdraw.
- Increase funding for the VA Department.
- Increase funding for the Army Corps of Engineers and let them get about repairing this nation's crumbling infrastructure.
- Ban military leaders from lobbying positions for at least 10 years after they retire.
- Force defense contractors to be transparent about what they're lobbying for and why.
- Ratify the Equal Rights Amendment.
- Replace Columbus Day with Indigenous Peoples’ Day on the federal and state level.
- Black Lives Matter is good.
- Remove Confederate statues, replace with respectable Southerners like Dr. King, Rosa Parks, and Jimmy Carter. Heritage, not hate, right?
- Allow LGBT+ adoption.
- Ban conversion therapy.
- Provide an "other" option for gender on government documents.
- Pass the Employment Non-Discrimination Act, but do not exempt "small businesses".
- Disallow gay panic and trans panic legal defenses for any crimes.
- End the ban on trans people serving in the military.
- No trans bathroom bans.
- Add gender identity and sexual orientation to all non-discrimination legislation.
- None of that "parody marriage" bullshit.
- Create a free public online tax filing and preparation system with maximum returns and an option for automatic tax filing.
- Establish a wealth tax like the one proposed by Senator Warren.
- Hike the estate tax on millionaires and billionaires.
- Increase capital gains and corporate taxes.
- Pro-free trade.
- Keep Social Security alive, although I'm open to increasing the retirement age.
- Expand food stamp eligibility.