Forum:Conservative Sex Myths
Hi, I'm new here (user, not reader). I was thinking of starting an article about all the crackpot conservative positions and statements on issues related to sex like "marital rape," "forced rape," hpv vaccines, not understanding hormones are for more than just birth control (menopause, regulation, cyst),lesbians are women who just want good dick, how STDs are actually spread, how sometimes a miscarriage can result in a fetus that still needs help being removed, etc. There are literally more than I can list at the moment. Do you think this is worth a single article, expanding individual claims in related articles, or maybe just a line by line refutation of these statements?
- Hi there! We already have articles that explain a number of those views, but you can start to write something in your user space and people can see whether there is anything new or useful to be had for main space.
- To sign, follow these instrutcions: On talk pages, please sign your comments using four tildes (~~~~) or by clicking on the sign button: on the toolbar above the edit panel. You can also indent successive talk page comments using one more colon (:) for each line. Thank you. Nullahnung (talk) 09:21, 17 January 2014 (UTC)
- None of these are exclusive to "conservatives", and a lot of these have been already covered, e.g. in rape apology, rape culture, Todd Akin, etc. Of course, the coverage can be improved. :) In all cases, spreading the stuff into proper articles, existing or not, is better than lumping it all in one place.--ZooGuard (talk) 10:17, 17 January 2014 (UTC)
- I have been gathering information about elected conservatives (some of the claiming to ob/gyns) and their mainstream pundits making asinine statements, some of which have become proposed bills and placed on party platforms, particularly those dealing with women's issues. Many people actually these believe these idiots and i wanted to debunk these lunatics by using, and I'm sorry, but pardon my science, uhmmm stats and research. I was thinking maybe a quote by quote refutation. I know all these are not a centralized ideology like some creationist, but that fact that these are working and highly backed conservative lawmakers. --Velenah (talk) 10:35, 17 January 2014 (UTC)
- Yeah, there a long list of these people. I just made a first rough draft to get an idea of what i want to do. I realize most of the statements pretty much destroy themselves, but they lead to side issues that dont get raised. if you want to check it out for me and keeps me some feed back i would appreciate it. --Velenah (talk) 13:14, 17 January 2014 (UTC)