RationalWiki:2013 board of trustees election
This will be the central hub for the RationalWiki Foundation's 2013 board of trustees election.
- Nominations will commence at 00:00 EST on December 15, 2012 and run through 23:59 EST on January 15, 2013.
- Voting will commence at 19:00 EST on January 16th and run through 19:00 EST January 23.
- The elected trustees will take office effective 00:00 UTC on February 1, 2013.
Please see the guide for voters and potential nominees for further information and requirements.
This year all voters must register on our voter registration page.
The 2013 Board
A significant amount of the work of previous Boards involved bootstrapping the creation of the Foundation, developing its policies, and solidifying its legal and financial status. While there still remains work to be done in this area, the Foundation has started to look to the future, toward expanding the scope and influence of the Foundation and the projects we support, as well as looking at ways to engage the wider rational community. The 2013 Board will have an opportunity to see these ideas put into action and develop new ideas and directions.
Of course the 2013 board will also still be focused on our flagship project RationalWiki which has seen exponential growth over the last year. Continuing to expand that project and ensure it is capable of meeting the new demands on it will require cooperation and ideas between the 2013 board and the Foundation officers and staff.
Here is a short list of some of the major issues the 2013 board will be looking at:
- Expanding Foundation membership beyond RationalWiki
- Instituting changes to our election system
- Developing additional sources of income such as product sales or memberships
- Several new major projects are nearing green light status
- Forming partnerships with other similar organizations on future projects
- Increasing our presence with the wider rational and skeptical communities (e.g., should the Foundation have a TAM table?)
- Development of the Foundation, increased web presence, official IRS tax deductible determinacy letter, etc.