RationalWiki:2013 board of trustees election/Nominations
This is the page to nominate potential board members and for nominees to accept or reject their nomination. In order for a user to be nominated they must meet certain requirements:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Be a registered user for 1 year or longer on RationalWiki (Registered by January 15th, 2012)
- Have 250 edits or more
- Have at least 1 edit in the last 3 months
The nomination procedure is easy. Any user may nominate any number of users who meet the requirements, including themselves, by placing the user name in the nominee section and informing that user on their talk page. No second is required. Each nominee must accept the nomination or else they will not be eligible during the election.
Nominees may accept a nomination by adding their signature to it. Those who wish to decline nominations should strikeout the nomination with a brief note. Likewise, ineligible nominations should also be struckout.
Nominees should also "accept" their nominations to indicate their presence and awareness of this grand scheme.
The Board meets about once per quarter, usually for two hours. Most of the business of board takes place over e-mail. Depending on the number of projects and the time of year board members should expect to spend a few hours a month reading, contributing and voting in these e-mail discussions.
Members do have certain powers and duties candidates should be aware of. Membership in the Board means being a corporate director of the RationalWiki Foundation, Inc. In general, corporate directors exercise the highest level of management and control over a corporation and are ultimately responsible for its governance and welfare. They appoint and supervise the Chief Executive Officer (in this case the Operations Manager of the RationalWiki Foundation fills this role), have the final word on the corporation's purpose and goals and ensure that it has adequate resources to carry them out, ensure compliance with the corporation's legal and ethical obligations, approve major expenditures, and respond to significant changes of circumstance in a timely manner. In practice, their job is generally supervisory, as they delegate authority to carry out the corporation's needs to the COO, who in turn may delegate further authority to his or her staff.
Directors must also conduct themselves in good faith and the corporation's best interests; exercise due diligence, independent judgment, and skill; prudently manage the corporation's resources; and generally promote the success of the corporation. This is of course only a general description.
To nominate link the user name:
To accept the nomination, indicate acceptance and then sign next to your user name:
An example rejection:
Nominees are encouraged to read the guide for board of trustees election before accepting or rejecting a nomination.
This year there are 5 positions open for election.
List of nominees
- Blue Accept. I would love to help RW however I can. Blue Talk 19:31, 19 December 2012 (UTC)
- Damo I will help out if wanted. --DamoHi 10:40, 22 December 2012 (UTC)
- David Gerard
Ghengis Khantowing to work considerations I cannot guarantee that I will be able to participate at particular times. ГенгисIs the Pope a Catholic? 02:12, 16 December 2012 (UTC)
- Human accept ħuman 01:51, 17 December 2012 (UTC)
- ListenerX Accept. I am also willing to continue as secretary. ListenerXTalkerX 20:53, 16 December 2012 (UTC)
- Nutty Roux This will be a big year. Glad to help. 02:00, 19 December 2012 (UTC)
- Reckless Noise Symphony accept Reckless Noise Symphony (talk) 19:33, 15 December 2012 (UTC)
- Stabby the Misanthrope: I accept. Radioactive afikomen Please ignore all my awful pre-2014 comments. 19:40, 15 December 2012 (UTC)
- Sterile accept sterilesporadic heavy hitter 13:42, 20 December 2012 (UTC)
- Tyrannis Giving it another go. Humorless fascistsociopath 13:04, 22 December 2012 (UTC)
- WaitingforGodotLet's see where RW can go? — Unsigned, by: WaitingforGodot / talk / contribs