- chop up a cauliflower into bite-sized florets, wash and dry.
- blend a little bit of flour, a dollop of milk & quite a lot of blue Stilton, add salt and a little ground pepper.
- arrange cauliflower in an oven proof dish and pour stilton sauce over.
- cover entire top with slices of blue Stilton.
- preheat oven to about 200°C and cook for 20 - 25 minutes.
- tip onto plate and cover with slices of blue Stilton (at this point small pieces of well crisped bacon may be added).
- place under hot grill and cook for 3 minutes.
- eat accompanied with the dry red wine of your choice.
- At stage 2 use soy milk instead of dairy milk for more balanced protein, try replacing some or all the flour with soy flour though this gives a grainy texture
- Vegetarian bacon style rashers may be used if available in your country.  These rashers may or may not behave differently from normal bacon when grilled, you can experiment with adding bacon style rashers before grilling but the safest is to prepare the rashers as recommended on the packet, cut up and add just before serving.