"In the 1950s, several experiments by Stanley Miller and Harold Urey verified that the natural formation of amino acids, components of DNA".
Amino acids are not components of DNA, but of proteins.
The part saying "Le-Chatelier's principle" makes it impossible for proteins to form in an aqueous solution is nonsense. If it were true proteins could not form in the human body since cell contents are two thirds water. Gnuarm (talk) 20:22, 25 February 2017 (UTC)
"Today, it is generally accepted that Abiogenesis happened in neither land nor oceans, but a combination of both, in mud". What's the composition of this mud? The mud/dirt that we have in our backyards is composed of quartz, feldspar, various organic molecules, water. The article needs to be clear. I don't think there was such mud at the beginning of Earth's history.
"Creationists have "criticized" the experiment due to the amino acids produced being racemic mix". This isn't a problem. There was an experiment that showed that right handed molecules are favored under certain circumstances. Unfortunately, I don't have the details. Secondly, there are cases in chemistry when one enantiomer is favored, for example, the Soai reaction. Vmelkon (talk) 03:24, 5 July 2015 (UTC)
- For the mud part, I remember something about clay particles having the kind of surface that would facilitate the kind of reactions needed. MaillardFillmore (talk) 17:43, 1 August 2015 (UTC)
The part about the egg yolk left me curious, i looked for a while on google, youtube, but couldn't find anything, didn't really feel like running to the store and buying an egg, have no idea what you're supposed to see, how long it's supposed to take, does the yolk need to be whole or broken, etc. a better description of what happens, a link or a picture might be useful. What I get is that something like crystal formation occurs, order arising from randomness? Brinerustle (talk) 08:33, 1 August 2015 (UTC)
- See the Wikipedia article on Liposome. Make mayonnaise. Profit? MaillardFillmore (talk) 17:38, 1 August 2015 (UTC)
Experiments and Theories.
- On complex things arising (given an input of energy i.e. the sun): A New Physics Theory of Life
- On pre-life pre-cellular evolution of chemicals: Researchers unveil first artificial enzyme created by evolution in test tube
- [http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/abioprob/abioprob.html Lies, Damned Lies, Statistics,
and Probability of Abiogenesis Calculations]
- Youtube video: The Origin of Life - Abiogenesis - Dr. Jack Szostak