"She believes [...] that the United Nations Human Rights Council is made up of a bunch of dictators."
Erm, that's a fact, not an 'extreme conservative opinion'. Look up which countries have sat on the council!
- The current membership is Algeria, Argentina, Austria, Benin, Botswana, Brazil, Burkina Faso, Chile, China, Congo, Costa Rica, Côte d'Ivoire, Cuba, Czech Republic, Estonia, Ethiopia, France, Gabon, Germany, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kuwait, Maldives, Mexico, Montenegro, Morocco, Namibia, Pakistan, Peru, Philippines, Republic of Korea, Romania, Russian Federation, Saudi Arabia, Sierra Leone, South Africa, The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, United States of America, Venezuela (Bolivarian Republic of) and Vietnam
- While I'm not completely in agreement of the politics of all these countries (The USA's penal system leaves a great deal to be desired) it looks to me to be a pretty representative group and only a nutter like Brewer could describe this as "a bunch of dictators" Doxys Midnight Runner (talk) 11:24, 24 December 2014 (UTC)
- Yeah, Brewer ought to be worried since her claim would basically have the U.S. in a close military alliance with a lot of "dictators" through NATO (the Czech Republic, Estonia, France, Germany, Italy, Romania, and the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland), not to mention its closest East Asian allies Japan and the Republic of Korea.
- Basically, the best examples of dictatorships or at least very authoritarian regimes on this list are probably: Burkina Faso (at least prior to October this year), China, Cuba, Ethiopia, Gabon, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, (the Maldives?), (Pakistan?), (the Russian Federation?), Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates and Vietnam. ScepticWombat (talk) 12:53, 24 December 2014 (UTC)
- Of the current membership, only 23/47 (Argentina, Austria, Benin, Botswana, Brazil, Chile, Costa Rica, Czech Republic, Estonia, France, Germany, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Montenegro, Namibia, Peru, Republic of Korea, Romania, South Africa, United Kingdom, United States) are ranked as 'Free' by Freedom House. This means that more than half of the council are not liberal democracies. So saying that the council is "made up of a bunch of dictators" is pretty much factual (note that saying 'is made up of' does not imply 'is exclusively made up of'). I fail to see how this constitutes an "extreme conservative opinion". --22.214.171.124 (talk) 23:06, 4 January 2015 (UTC)