There is no RationalWiki without you. We are a small non-profit with no staff – we are hundreds of volunteers who document pseudoscience and crankery around the world every day. We will never allow ads because we must remain independent. We cannot rely on big donors with corresponding big agendas. We are not the largest website around, but we believe we play an important role in defending truth and objectivity.
If everyone who saw this today donated $5, we would meet our goal for 2021.
| Fighting pseudoscience isn't free.|
We are 100% user-supported! Help and donate $5, $20 or whatever you can today with !
User talk:Doxys Midnight Runner
tiling at windmills?
I can see from your RW history that you've had similar thoughts about engaging with "trolls". I do completely see the point of the instant reverters. Without them, I'd probably dig myself in too deep (my problem, not anyone elses). Still, there does seem to be something to learn, even from the shitheads. MarmotHead (talk) 18:27, 18 August 2014 (UTC)
- I really don't know. I mean, in real terms, will the entire world have to learn to call us by a different name? Will stirling no longer be the GBP? While I fully appreciate how my Scottish friends think - and, as a Lancastrian I know all about the disconnect with London which they get redoubled in spades - I rather how we don't lose them.
- Apart from anything else we lose 40 labour MPs. Will we be stuck with the Tories for life? Doxys Midnight Runner (talk) 17:27, 18 September 2014 (UTC)
Not enough, eh?
Alternative medicine will cure cancer, the republicans are the good guys, Jimbo Wales is a fat atheist who likes to shove his thing inside of a dog, Andy Schlafly is a genius who knows more than Einstein, and this school is stupid, we're all swag, we got the jocks and the cheerleaders who are all muscle and no brain, the preppies who think they're all that, the losers who like to get stoned, and the other kid that writes things on this wiki from here is a freaking nerd with no life. And Eileen is a loser, Mr. Doxy Midnight Runner. So is that enough to get blocked with autoblock turned on? Fellow Student (talk) 16:43, 1 October 2014 (UTC) btw I wasn't actually trying to get blocked before. Fellow Student (talk) 16:46, 1 October 2014 (UTC)
Out of curiousity?
- Come on, Eileen. No, although I did once go to one of their gigs back in the eighties. I chose the name because of all the fuss about doxing during one of the little on-site drama fests that this site can be prone to. Doxys Midnight Runner (talk) 17:00, 1 October 2014 (UTC)
I just read up on the prisoner's dilemma and what it was. Definitely something new to me, and I thank you for pointing it out. So, is it fair to say that pure rationality is dangerous? If that's true, then why is it that the most dangerous among us tend to be irrational? Because why would two purely rational people end up in prison in the first place?
Oh no, someone has given you a mop
Please use revision hiding for only the most serious cases, such as doxxing or threats. Somebody saying "let's have a revolution" is neither, it's just someone drunk on Russell Brand. SophieWilder 17:46, 9 December 2014 (UTC)
- Agreed, I overreacted. Doxys Midnight Runner (talk) 17:47, 9 December 2014 (UTC)
- Oops - sorry! Doxys Midnight Runner (talk) 15:22, 12 January 2015 (UTC)
Be a good wiki-citizen...
When you're interacting with a new arrival on a talk page, see if they haven't been welcomed yeat, and think about slapping the template on their talk page... Peace. AgingHippie (talk) 16:39, 5 March 2015 (UTC)
- Maybe I'm jumping to conclusions but the language of "Joan's" essay seems to pat, to stylised. As such I treat her in the same way I treat any medical woo pusher - as a danger to themselves and, worse, others. What is worse is that, because it's an essay, any attempt at debate has to be subsumed to the talk page where it may well not be seen. It makes it look as if RW were promoting homeopathy. Doxys Midnight Runner (talk) 16:44, 5 March 2015 (UTC)